+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Freezer stash- recipes & ideas please

Like the title says, recipes please!!

Baby number 2 is due to arrive mid September (planned cesar), so I'm going to start a freezer stash to make life a little bit easier once bub is here.
    What are some healthy meals and snacks that freeze well?
    Do you have any go to slow cooker meals that could be frozen raw then pulled out and cooked at a later date?
    Ds is nearly 2, so family friendly meals would be ideal. Thermomix recipes also welcome! Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freezer stash- recipes & ideas please

Spag Bol, curried sausages, lasagna, pumpkin soup, chicken soup, random vegetable soup, Tuna mornay... All easy meals to adjust to your taste and add in extra veggies.
    Sorry I just read you said healthy!!! I definitely didn't want to eat healthy and was just thinking about everything I craved after Bub was here!

Snacks wise I love zucchini slice, banana bread, raspberry coconut muffins

4. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Soups freeze well ( chicken and sweet corn, veggie, lentil , pumpkin) and for your toddler Id freeze zucchini slice ( bake in muffin tins and freeze) and some chicken or salmon and veggie nuggets or tuna rice balls so if you need a quick healthy dinner or lunch for him it's done

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following.. I'm due with baby no2 in 3 weeks (also planned c/s) so I need to start stocking my freezer too. My dd likes salmon patties made with tinned salmon and mashed potato with egg and bread crumbs, does anyone know if these are freezable? If so before or after cooking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did this, but a little differently... I froze meat diced with onion or sometimes onion & garlic, blanched veggies to roast & froze them, then made sauces (curry pastes, casseroles bases ect), pesto, bought some high quality premade sauces so I could literally defrost & cook, it was really quick & easy 👍 & I wasn't restricted by what was frozen as I could mix & match to what we felt like.

I also froze a lasagne, meatballs, Bolognese, marinaded meat, Shepard pie, zucchini slice, lactation cookies, muffins (sweet & savoury), sausage rolls, crumbed fish... So many things!!

Look up ziplock frozen meals on pin interest :-) there are heaps of websites that do recipes :-) if you freeze everything flat you fit heaps in, get smaller bags for pestos, curry pastes, sauces, all of which you can use those straight from the freezer & they pretty much pop out of the bag clean so no wastage :-)

I also recommend getting bags of frozen veg from supermarket, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, baby carrots... I had a c-section aswell so didn't know how easy it would be to get to the shops, plus everything is snap frozen these days so no loss of nutrients, it's such an easy way to add veg to slowcooker meals 😃

Lastly, everything you freeze write on a list & cross it out as you use it, much easier than trying to remember when you have a bub to worry about!!

Sorry super long post! I found this really helped me & will be doing it all again when/if we have a 3rd :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    Following.. I'm due with baby no2 in 3 weeks (also planned c/s) so I need to start stocking my freezer too. My dd likes salmon patties made with tinned salmon and mashed potato with egg and bread crumbs, does anyone know if these are freezable? If so before or after cooking?
    After is fine :-) hubby makes them & freezes them, then just heated up in the oven.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get frozen veg. I also like quirky cookings soups

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the ideas, they're all great! Do you think I could starting cooking now? How long do meals last in the freezer if they're stored in zip lock bags?