+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default what do you love about being a parent?

We have had a few threads the last week about some of the issues with being a parent ...

so maybe its time to celebrate the things about being a Mum that you love

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

MaximumStarlight  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    The way they look at me with such unconditional love

How it has taught me strength, selflessness and responsibility

The cuddles

That I can look at them and think wow, he has my eyes. I grew this amazing creation.

The overwhelming love I feel when I look at them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love how my 4 girls are growing into beautiful, kind girls which DH and I helped mould.
    I also love that they all appreciate everything I do for them. It's so nice to hear the little 'mum you are so awesome' 'best mum ever' and the little 'I love you the most' every day. Makes my heart melt and feel like I must be doing an alright job in this parenting gig

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Watching them grow.

Slobbery kisses

Guiding them through life.

Seeing things through their eyes.

Their love for each other. When dd1 is really down having her little brother arrest her and give her a fine over the phone brightens her day.

Cuddles. So many loving cuddles.

They make me a better person.

Being 'there' for them and them being 'there' for me. Eg a cuddle when I am sad.

And so much more

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    The way they love me unconditionally. I could be pre-menstrual, an all out raving certified insane b!tch, ranting about how messy the house is and I'll say that I need some time out and they will still come and give me a cuddle and ask me not to go away because they love me. (I PMS really bad. I'm trying to lessen the effect on them but it's really not easy.)

The way they cuddle me.
    How they can be so proud of the little things they do- as proud as if they just conquered Everest.

The way the encourage me. My meatballs didn't stick together the other night, and I ended up serving 'meat lumps'. DS2 came and gave me a pat on the back, and said "It's ok Mum. You're still learning!"

The way DD copies me. If I say something to the boys, she parrots it. If I lick my finger to turn a page, she licks her finger. She is my little mini- me and it's so endearing.

The way they comfort me when I'm sad. I know it's a bit scary to see a parent cry, but gee they try so hard to make me feel better.

I love it when they achieve. My boys are 12 months ahead with their literacy and 6 months ahead in maths and I just could not be prouder. To them it's no big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Knowing that I am raising 4 amazing, intelligent, kind, accepting, loving, compassionate, outgoing, self-confident, healthy, happy children that will one day grow up to be amazingly awesome adults ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's nothing specific for me, although I'm loving being a parent more than I thought I ever would, especially when I reflect back on my newborn, sleep deprived, PND days! DD challenges me a lot but she also loves me - and I her - so much. I never knew love like this was even possible! It also makes me even more aware about my own behaviour and what I'm modelling for her. In a way it's making me strive to be a better, more compassionate, and more patient person. And I'm also just so damn grateful to be a parent, having struggled with infertility for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I freakin love my kid and am so proud at the person he is and is becoming. I love that he gives back what he gets - I talk to him nicely and treat him with respect and he gives it back and is so delightful. Oh don't get me wrong, he has his moments too!! He's only human 😉 but as a whole, he makes me feel fulfilled. He says please and thank you because we taught him. He draws pictures of trees and racetracks because we taught him. He is so sensitive to our feelings and cuddles us when we're feeling down. He's taught me the importance of choosing my battles and knowing that during conflict, sometimes walking away and taking a few deep breath is a great way to handle things rather than blowing my lid. I haven't handled anger very well in my life previously so it's a great lesson I've learned from him/from being his mother and having to be a role model. Gosh, so many things but that's all that springs to mind immediately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love the sleepy cuddles and when he says mum. I know dh and I are his whole world and the way he always likes checking we're around if we need him while he's trying something new just makes my heart swell. Knowing that this little person relies on me and needs me is the best feeling in the world.

I just love watching him and looking at him, every little look and smile makes me fall in love with him even more. I still find it hard to believe that I grew this perfect little human inside me.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most of pregnancy I love except the last four weeks that feel like years. I love love loved breastfeeding my girls. That's something I can treasure as solely mine. I like the way becoming a parent made me choose a life more balanced between work and home. I love the newborn phase. The night feeds, the cuddles, the milky smell, the non stinky poo.

Mostly I love the fact that my kids are the physical incarnation of my husbands love for me and mine for him. Every time I look at my kids I see my husband in them. And whilst I love them for being them, I also love them for being his kids.