+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    I just tried to send you a message but it won't let me ..
    its a new acct for this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh OK I missed that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh OK I missed that

thats ok,,, i just didnt want to post under my usual user name

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can relate if you want message me anytime ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Mum married a man 28 years ago. She knew within 2 years she had made a big mistake and she didnt have the courage to walk away. She is now 66 years old and she is desperately unhappy. She wont walk away now because she would lose half of everything and she has recently had a very big superannuation payout, their house is paid off, she would have to effectively start from scratch. She is also very close to his children and grandchildren and she worries what people would think. I range from feeling really sad for her to feeling really p!ssed off with her. I get why she is stuck in the relationship, I really do, but I just want her to be happy and selfishly I want to be able to go and visit her regularly, I want to have dinner with her regularly, I want to take my kids and have a sleep over at Nanna's, but the reality is I rarely ever go to her house because her husband is a fool and drives me crazy. She comes to my house every day to visit, simply to get away from him.

I know your situation is different to my Mum's, but the outcome is the same, one unhappy woman. Please, I beg you, please dont end up like my Mum. Dont get to what should be a great time of your life, enjoying your retirement, and instead you are unhappy. Its heartbreaking to watch.

This song was posted once by @RuffledPansy and I've never forgotten it. The words are so powerful.....https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...sara bareilles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your husband is controlling and abusive.

These men are often seen as wonderful to everyone else.

I strongly suggest you get yourself a copy of the book Why does he do that? By Lundy Bancroft.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    My Mum married a man 28 years ago. She knew within 2 years she had made a big mistake and she didnt have the courage to walk away. She is now 66 years old and she is desperately unhappy. She wont walk away now because she would lose half of everything and she has recently had a very big superannuation payout, their house is paid off, she would have to effectively start from scratch. She is also very close to his children and grandchildren and she worries what people would think. I range from feeling really sad for her to feeling really p!ssed off with her. I get why she is stuck in the relationship, I really do, but I just want her to be happy and selfishly I want to be able to go and visit her regularly, I want to have dinner with her regularly, I want to take my kids and have a sleep over at Nanna's, but the reality is I rarely ever go to her house because her husband is a fool and drives me crazy. She comes to my house every day to visit, simply to get away from him.

I know your situation is different to my Mum's, but the outcome is the same, one unhappy woman. Please, I beg you, please dont end up like my Mum. Dont get to what should be a great time of your life, enjoying your retirement, and instead you are unhappy. Its heartbreaking to watch.

This song was posted once by @RuffledPansy and I've never forgotten it. The words are so powerful.....https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...sara bareilles
    You remembered....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You remembered....?
    I do. I remember that your daughter sent it to you, and I just knew how she was feeling. I wish my Mum would find her Brave, but sadly I know she won't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for the support.. i really do appreciate every single word

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I do. I remember that your daughter sent it to you, and I just knew how she was feeling. I wish my Mum would find her Brave, but sadly I know she won't.

I wish I took after her ...she is so strong...independent. ..
    Woman that takes no crap that's why her and her father don't get on they clash heads because he can't manipulate her....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (20-07-2015)