+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default AF returning after D&C

So I'm just after some personal experiences. I had a D&C along with a laparoscopy 4 weeks ago. No pregnancy/miscarriage for me, but related to my apparent infertility. Is there anyone who has had a D&C NOT related to pregnancy that can shed some light on when AF returned for them? When I google it's all related to D&C due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy etc where hormones have to settle down too, which isn't my issue (I don't think)?

I'm currently CD28 after counting the day of the D&C as CD1. I bled on the first day then spotted for another 4 or 5 after that. I had my op on what would have been CD 29, so FS basically said that it would be like AF in the sense that all the lining was gone so the spotting was likely all i'd get. I need to make a follow up appt to see him, but until then I'm just wondering when I can expect AF again. Thanks!

Hopefully that makes sense. Night shift messes with my ability to construct sentences at times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I had the exact same as you.. For fertility issues. I was on clomid at the time so I used d&c as cd1 and took my clomid from cd3. So I did get af 30 days later because the clomid made me ovulate still. Did u ovulate do you think this month? Any pains or ewcm? Sorry I cant help much as clomid made af for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bugger. I contemplated going on clomid again but thought I'd start the following month. Kicking myself now! I'm not 100% sure, but I can assume so. I've never had any ovulation issues it seems (despite having PCOS). I'm fairly sure I had EWCM, but I don't get any ovulation pains etc so it's kinda hard to know if and when. Usually my cycle is only 26 days, so it's a little unusual that it's gone this long. Last month leading up to the op was the longest cycle I've had so I really have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also my fs gave me a script for provera is it? To bring af on if I didn't get it.. So maybe ask for that if u think your going to have a super long cycle then take clomid from there? I think u should make a follow up appointment for sure.. Every day that u can save worrying about your cycle the better.. I hate this fertility game!! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I know he wanted to see me 4-6 weeks post op, so if I haven't had AF by then I know he'll scan me and give me a blood test. I'm not hugely stressed, I just don't want to get my hopes up that after 2 years it might finally happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can take a few months for your cycles to settle down after a lap. My first one was about 28 days then 19 days and back out to about 30 days. They can also be more painful, especially if they did any work during the lap. I've got endo and my first few are more painful than prior to the lap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah he was looking for Endo but didn't find anything. There were a few adhesions he removed and a para tubal cyst on my left tube. Apart from that, nothing else was removed. He did the lap, the D&C and flushed my tubes through. The only thing of note he found was there was some resistance flushing my R (?) tube, but it still flushed through. Ah well. I'll just wait to see him and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a D&C for non miscarriage reasons and had a bleed about 2 weeks later that was a lighter than usual period. My D&C was on about day 8 or 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    This is the part where I use and abuse my position as a midwife and ask the obstetric reg at work!!

Hope it all works out for you!
    Oh I work with my FS so I would just ask him, but I haven't seen him that whole time! I'm not hugely stressed about it though. I don't want to make too much of a discussion about it at work in case my boss overhears! I tend to only talk about it when she's either off the ward or its after hours haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha yeah a friend of mine was consulting all the different doctors she was working with about scar tissue she had from Endo removal and chose her obstetrician from who gave her the answer she liked the most. Worked out well for her haha