Closed Thread
Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    PS here's our embryoscope footage https://youtu.be/64EFjmLRZmw

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (17-09-2015),ferngirl  (17-09-2015),Hopeful1975  (17-09-2015),Tahli  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski72 just saw your embryoscope. it is crazy/cool!! not sure what I'm looking at but it is still amazing...I am booked for my cycle end of November now and I have requested the embryscope too. I have to say a big thanks to everyone here talking about it, I'm sure I never heard of it before and it sounds like a good thing when you need all the help you can get!
    Sending you positive vibes and hopefully get a great result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski how exciting! Did they tell you which ones they transferred? I think 5 and 6 are the best. If they used those two you will surely be having twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith sounds like you are getting the runaround. Hope it's all sorted soon. Ours were graded before they were frozen. I think we had 4 frozen, all were defrosted, one didn't make it, two were transferred and the fourth wasn't good enough to refreeze. Out of the two that were transferred, one took and gave us our beautiful baby girl. So that is one out of 4 frozen worked for us. That was 2 years ago, from all the twins that are on the rollcall I would say things have improved a lot since then. It also meant we had none left for another go for a full sibling.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

faith15  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if the slower to develop embryos are the boys and the fastest the girls?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

crabby  (17-09-2015),ferngirl  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 Super congrats on being PUPO!! Love your footage! Which 2 were transferred? Do you normally POAS at 5 dpt? Woo, hoo!!!
    @faith15 When I asked Dr M at CFC what the success rates of fresh vs frozen was she quoted 55% frozen vs 60% fresh. I'm 40 but that shouldn't make too much of a difference, if any.
    I'm currently trying to find out from CFC the difference in success rates between single vs double transfer. I thought I'd read on here it was only a few percent but my FN said a double transfer increased the chance of a twin pregnancy by 20%.
    Last edited by Tahli; 17-09-2015 at 10:26.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

faith15  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, I'm hoping to use you for a sounding board if that's ok.
    My donor's 1st scan is tomorrow so all of a sudden things have become very real. I'm surviving on about 2 hours sleep today. I was awake most of the night stressing about my SD. I asked for an updated SD list yest but it hasn't changed in the last few wks.
    My dilemma...A few wks ago I had to chose my 2nd preference SD b/c he was categorized for IVF/ICSI. My absolute 1st preference SD is only categorized for IVF/IUI. I was told CFC only do ICSI.
    I'm thinking about asking if I can split my donor's eggs & do natural fertilization with my 1st preference SD & ICSI the other half of them with my 2nd preference SD as a back up. What do you girls think? Crazy..wld CFC even entertain the idea?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tahlia, you can only ask. Their sperm is supposedly that good i don't know why they can't use IVF sperm.
    As for twins I thought it was only an extra 5% chance from singleton?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faith15 View Post
    AFM – Heard back from CFC re the 2 frosties. They said ‘frozen embryos are not graded as they are frozen, once frozen, we don’t grade them. They either survive the thawing process or not. FET success rate is 50% and egg donation 65%. There is a 20% chance that the embryos don’t survive the thawing, so you still have a very good chance of falling pregnant with the 2 remaining embryos’

I have some thinking to do..
    Faith - I think that sounds odd too - could whoever responded think you meant grading AFTER they were thawed ? I have had emby's frozen twice at CFC and received the grading of each one as soon as I asked. But having said that, remember, they only freeze the very best that they believe have a real chance of being viable, (unlike in Aus where they will freeze almost any that reach the
    3/5 day stage) so if they froze it, I would have confidence in the quality. Good luck with teh decision making.

Emski - that is so great to hear after the egg pickup wasn't as abundant as hoped. You made the right decision holding out for blasts ! The fact you got to the 2 transfer and some frozen stage, must be an indicator of excellent quality.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (17-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KMP - Congratulations! I hope you and the baby are well.
    @pinkshootingstar - So sorry it didn't work out this time. It sounds like you and Wazza have a plan. Your attitude is inspiring.
    @faith15 - I think Kay gave some good advice. Also, you should have received the embryo grading when they were originally frozen. CFC lab should have the records. Some thinking to do, maybe try the frozen.
    @emski72 - Congratulations on the two transferred and two frozen. Thanks for sharing the embryoscope.
    @Tahli - good luck with everything, you will find Cape Town magical in so many ways. Kirstenbosch is a lovely place to go for walks. Also, I think you should ask about using the sperm donor you want. The sperm quality should not be an issue so I would see if you could do a normal IVF (not ICSI). Here in Canada, they only do ICSI on request and people still get pregnant with IVF.

AFM - I spoke with Kimenthra today and she is still trying to hunt down my sperm donor's test results. He hasn't responded to her calls or e-mails. She said that it was unlike him and he has a good heart. Learning that may make all this waiting worthwhile. I figure that everything happens in its own time... (and yes, I am following up with CFC regularly).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (17-09-2015),Tahli  (17-09-2015)