Closed Thread
Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KMP, congratulations that's great news. Enjoy every moment! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennski – I am so sorry this cycle didn’t work out for you and you didn’t get the two frosties you thought you had for your plan B. Thinking of you and hoping you get to try again, I know your baby is out there.

PSS – Sorry for your BFN (Hugs). I am hoping Wazza can work his magic with your lining and get you ready for your Dec FET.

Sunnygirl – Congrats on your BFP, and those BT results are looking good. All the best with your first scan and wishing you a stress free pregnancy.

Emski – So happy your embies are doing well, and you’re all set for a 5 day transfer.

KMP – Congrats on the birth of your daughter. I am sure you’re a proud mommy!!!

AFM – It turns out we have 2 frosties left ready for an FET. I am shocked, as I thought we only had one that they would refreeze.

So here in my dilemma, and need your advice. I was starting to look at doing a fresh cycle, where I would hopefully have a higher chance of success, and would cost me US$9500. Now I’ve found out I have 2 frosties, (probably not the best quality), as we transferred the best two. Doing an FET, will cost us US$2800.CFC, have asked if I want to do a fresh cycle or FET. What do you think????

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (15-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was in that spot faith, and opted for the FET...what were the gradings on the embies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP: Many congrats on the birth of your daughter. Great news.

Emski: Great to hear you're on course for a day 5 transfer.

Hi to everyone else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Emski : fingers crossed when is day 5 ? Keep busy but I'm sure you will be with a little one
    Kmp : yay yay congratulations great to see positive end result we are all after, enjoy this time
    Faith : well that's good, but a tough decision ... Take advice from CFCs dr I guess, if they are good ( which they generally are to freeze I think I'd have a go at fet again ?
    Sunny : look forward to continuing to hear your progress, so pleased to hear news for both you and dh very excited for you, our transfer buddies
    Pss and other girls with bfn, I feel it keenly and have my fingers crossed for trying again, look after yourselves ...

So many highs and lows in this process, it's traumatic but so many happy endings to give hope, I'm glad everyone shares, it helps. Nobody else understands, it can be a lonely journey
    Last edited by ferngirl; 15-09-2015 at 08:46.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-09-2015),Jennski  (15-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-09-2015),mardicharli  (15-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @pinkshootingstar I'm so sorry your cycle was unsuccessful but I'm glad to hear a Dec FET is on the cards.
    Yay @emski72 that 3/4 of your embies are still going strong! I wonder how many you'll transfer tomorrow...3 perhaps! Where's that Thelma & Louise spirit!!
    Super congrats on the birth of your precious little girl @KMP, enjoy! I hope you're receiving lots of tlc too after your c-section.
    @faith15 Good luck with your decision hun!
    AFM...I've just found out my donor's day 7 follicle scan is this Friday & my lining scan is next Monday. I thought her scans would start on day 10 so I'm starting to feel like this is becoming more real now that something is actually happening this week.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-09-2015),ferngirl  (15-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-09-2015),wazbub  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations KMP on arrival of your daughter. So good to hear all went, and continues to go, well

PinkShootingStar - disappointing about the BFN. You have had quite a busy year, for a Christmas 'Miracle'.

Emski - all the best for the 5 day results & transfer.

AFM, 18.5w and plodding along. Have decided to start actually getting organised for these 2 that seem to be making me very tired ! Up until now it has been all about getting and staying pregnant, now I am basically half way, it needs to be about their arrival - can't really just wing it I suppose.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Sunnygirl04 great numbers. I’ve found so far the worrying never stops.
    @pinkshootingstar and @Jennski so sorry to read about your BFN
    @emski72 good luck for your transfer on Wednesday
    @KMP congratulations on the birth of your daughter, hope everything is going well for you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (15-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondered if I could pick anyone's brains who had to register a birth in Victoria? We've applied for Patsy Jr's birth certificate and got a letter from the Dept of Justice today to say that they need a letter from CFC confirming date of treatment, whether Victorian gametes were used, etc, etc.
    I'm assuming other people have had to do this? Was it a simple process? I rang the DoJ and they said they needed a hard copy sent from CFC? Is this right? Rather than an emailed copy?
    Was rather freaked out by the line saying that if they don't hear in 28 days of this letter, a birth certificate won't be issued...
    Thanks in advance!

Will type a longer post soon as PJ has started to cry but hello to everyone. Thinking of the August girls in particular, especially those who didn't get the result they wanted. It's so tough but I hope you have the strength and resources to give it another go.
    Last edited by Patsy73; 15-09-2015 at 17:08.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

So much happening on the thread!

Jennski - I am so sad about your frosties. As if the BFN wasn't difficult news enough, what a terrible second blow when you thought that you had a ready-made plan B. Dig deep and find that resilience and tenacity as I'm sure there is a boy/girl set of twins waiting for you in SA ....

PSS - I am very sorry about your BFN, seems like it should have been your turn. At least you have your Plan C in development already.

Emski - fingers crossed for the day 5 transfer!

Sunnygirl - congratulations on your BFP! Woohoo.

Wazbub - when can you find out whether you are carrying 1 or 2?

Faith - tough decision. Personally if you were happy with your donor then I would use the FET. I don't think they freeze the poor quality embies so you still have a good chance. IMHO, only if the most important factor is TIME and you want to be preggers fast, then do Fresh because you'll have more chance of first-time success. Last factor is perhaps whether this is your last baby? If yes, then using up the FET makes sense. If you want another one after this one, then doing Fresh would give you additional FETs to choose from in the future.... probably I'm just reiterating the thinking process you are going through already!!

AFM - saw the heartbeat yesterday :-), so now it feels real. My husband refused to get excited until we saw the HB so now he is allowing us to celebrate :-). I am 6 weeks 4 days today. We haven't told anyone yet and will probably wait for the genetic screening blood test (called Harmony in UK) at week 13. My clothes are already a little tight but I think it's constipation more than anything thanks to the progesterone!

Good luck to everyone else xxxx

Kay

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (17-09-2015),Jennski  (15-09-2015),Lisaxxx  (16-09-2015),mardicharli  (15-09-2015),SalSA2015  (15-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (15-09-2015),wazbub  (15-09-2015)