Closed Thread
Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - thank you for asking about me. We are doing really well thank you. Had completely forgotten how exhausting the first few weeks with a newborn are, but wouldn't swap it for the world and I know this phase will pass so quickly I will be wishing it back. Bubs is very chilled out like his older brother (yay) and apart from having his days and nights muddled up, sleeps, eats and steals your heart beautifully. So blessed to have to such gorgeous boys. He looks very much like his brother too and but lots of people who don't know about the donor eggs have commented that he looks more like me than his sibling which is so lovely to hear.
    Hope you are doing well with your beautiful bubs too! Xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (12-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (11-09-2015),Patsy73  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Have been stalking the board, and seen the hive of activity for August. Congrats for those with BFP's already. I am so sorry for those not being succesfull as yet. I really hope your BFP is just around the corner as well!

I have seen a donor finally that I like. She is with babay2mom. She is listed as proven, so I asked for more information on the previosu donation, and got back:
    "She has donated once - recently in Johannesburg. She was wonderful. The fertility clinic confirmed that her eggs were very
    good. The results are unknown as yet."

I asked for more information on the amount of eggs produced, and how many fertilised, and got back this response:
    "I was not given this information as often the clinics don’t share such details because a more detailed understand is also required of the sperm quality.

In fact today, one of the other fertility sisters from another clinic was advising me after a conference on egg quality in Italy that she has just attended that the quality is more important.

The fertility clinic advised that her egg quality is good and is a good candidate to donate again."

What do you ladies think? Would you feel reassured by this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @Zara01, yes that would reassure me but only a little bit. The likelihood that the quality is good is pretty high anyway due to their age. It's all a huge gamble anyway but the fact that she has donated already at least lets the clinic know how, and if, she responds to treatment so you've already got a bonus in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Thanks Lisa, but after having a super dark test yesterday it was heaps lighter this morning and this afternoon and then blood test today also showed really low numbers, so unfortunately another chemical. I was expecting it to happen though, so disappointed but not particularly upset. We are still booked in for second SA try in January
    So sorry EmmaJane good luck for January it will be here before you know it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Zara: I would go with the clinic but when I asked our clinic CFC they did provide more information so perhaps you can ask for more details. Ir number of eggs, number frozen, maybe positive blood test ?

Afm : super excited dpo 16 hcg 366 so far so good, relieved to get this before weekend as was super scared of another chemical ... Next hurdle next week

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (12-09-2015),EmmaJane75  (11-09-2015),emski72  (11-09-2015),Hopeful1975  (12-09-2015),Jennski  (11-09-2015),mardicharli  (11-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (11-09-2015),Patsy73  (11-09-2015),pinkshootingstar  (11-09-2015),SalSA2015  (12-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (11-09-2015),Tahli  (11-09-2015),wazbub  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Zara01 I'm with b2m too. They gave me the direct email address of the FS at CFC who did my donor's previous cycle. I then just communicated directly with him asking what I needed to know. Have they made that option available to you?
    Congrats on such great numbers @ferngirl! Yay!! I love that you're a success story for just having the one embryo transferred.
    Girls, is it normal to feel so completely & utterly removed from the process. I fly out in 2 weeks but am not really feeling much. I received an email to say my donor has stopped the OCP & she's waiting for AF to arrive so she can start the treatment cycle...and I was neither here nor there about it. Surely I should be excited??

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, ohh Sweetheart. It seemed like it was your time when we were chatting in the waiting room. I hope you can get back there, third time lucky???

Emmajane, good to have Plan B happening.

Congratulations Sunnygirl and Ferngirl, exciting news!

AFM - It's official; it's a bust for us, found out yesterday, just had to step away from the forum for a day or so. Also found out where we thought we had Plan B in the form of two frosties we actually don't - which is a bit of a shock, so we are just taking a moment to breathe, look up and feel the sunshine on our faces before we contemplate another Plan B.

Good luck Emski, hope everything is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    7 eggs today for us - I was kinda hoping for 10+ but in reality we only need 1! So we'll hold onto our hats and what will be, will be.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (12-09-2015),ferngirl  (12-09-2015),KLM0511  (12-09-2015),Lisaxxx  (12-09-2015),Lolly99  (12-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (12-09-2015),Tahli  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been a bit of a Greyhound with a BMI of 17, and have managed to increase it to 22 for our SA cycle and it still didn't help. I was always told that BMIs at the extreme either-end of the scale were not good for falling pregnant.

If I could stand myself (and I can't at the moment) maybe I should put on a few more kilos. Ewwww, no! I can't wait to take it all back off again, thank The Lord it's temporary! I still double-take when I catch a glimpse of myself in shop windows, I am not used to the 'lush look'. If I had a BFP, it would have been worth it, but now I've got an itch in my system to shed the excess and see if I fall at my normal BMI. At least loosing the weight would take my mind off things.

Years ago, I had a Dr laugh at me and say "Your too skinny, you'll never fall pregnant" as a throwaway comment at a BBQ .... I didn't know the Bast@rd jinks'd me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennski - I am so sorry that Plan A & B disappeared in one hit for you. They weren't meant to be for whatever reason ...

The BMI issue is an interesting one. I read your BMI at 17 and because mine is 28-29 so there is a bit of a difference between us ! I have asked a few doctors over the years exactly how BMI impacts pregnancy rates as you always read that you should be in the 'normal' range (18.5 - 25) to conceive but no one has ever been able to articulate it to me. The closest I have ever got was that weight impacts ovulation hence the pregnancy connection but considering we are using donor eggs, I can't see the relevancy as long as we are eating a healthy diet.

Good luck working out your next plan