Closed Thread
Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol, yep that was a long post. Probably the only thing I would really strongly recommend is get a hire car. You are stuck in Cape Town for most of the time and there is just so much coast to see and drive. Don't hire a garmin, that was a ripoff. I would either take my own next time or ask them for a book of maps (whatever they call their refidex over there) and buy a garmin. I think the garmin was around $400 to hire ?!?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will definatley be hiring a car and was thinking of staying at VA Waterfront or Camps Bay , maybe a week at each will be a good idea .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ727 View Post
    Will definatley be hiring a car and was thinking of staying at VA Waterfront or Camps Bay , maybe a week at each will be a good idea .
    I figured it was better to split it in two, just in case I chose a place that was a dud and was then stuck there for 12 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ727 - we stayed near the waterfront and loved it. So much to see and do and the variety of resturants was endless! Also very very safe day and night.
    I would def hire a car too. Driving is easy and we just used Google maps on our phone. Much cheaper than hiring a GPS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mardicharli View Post
    DJ727 - we stayed near the waterfront and loved it. So much to see and do and the variety of resturants was endless! Also very very safe day and night.
    I would def hire a car too. Driving is easy and we just used Google maps on our phone. Much cheaper than hiring a GPS.
    Now there's an idea !!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DJ,

Well, we just got back yesterday. We stayed in a self contained apartment near the convention centre and had a hire car. We actually took our own GPS with us; hiring from rental car company $117, original price for a one off map download $70, we got it on sale for $48. The great thing was we preprogrammed it with places we knew we would be going; airport, clinic, accom, safari etc so it came in very handy.

Good luck with all the planning.

Sunny

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved the vineyard, but also stayed at vento villa at camps bay ( recommend) and Gordons bay ( too far for CFC appoints) We hired our car through zoom which was tempest ( a ford figo) very cheap and zero problems. First thing we got was a Vodacom sim ( in the airport) with 60 min airtime and 1gb data we did have top up once, and just used my iPhone very easy ( ie and Google maps) the girl did everything and it was cheap.
    Very exciting good luck with planning

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ

Alternate accom options are private cottages ... I have stayed at (and can highly recommend) both:-

Bellevue Cottage http://www.capestay.co.za/bellevuecottage/
    Oaklee Cottage http://www.capestay.co.za/oakleacottage/

Both are in the wine area Constantia 10 mins drives from CFC, have private pools, behind secure fences/gates, free wifi and lovely owners (Michelle and Sue respectively). Both have great garden views, with Bellevue looking straight up the back of a lush Table Mountain.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few weeks ago, there was a conversation on travelling with a child. Here is some background on the change in legislation and information on the economic consequences of it.
    http://www.economist.com/news/middle...ood-intentions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck, interesting ideas but a shame the article is so poorly written. You would think the Economist could accurately draw conclusions instead of using data from prior to the June changes occurring to write the article.