Closed Thread
Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only 3 more sleeps to go! I wonder if one or both have stuck?! What an exciting week ahead. Are you going to continue to POAS until Thursday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha I'd like to say no but probably ... I only had one in it's going to be a long week hopefully keep busy at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Didn't want to say anything after so many issues, but in the vein of full disclosure .. I got a very faint 5dp5dt, and now a faint result 7dp5dt .... I've had this before and it's gone so not celebrating yet but it's a start right .... Attachment 73379 I don't want to say anything now to anyone till I see a head coming out the other end ... But I feel this is a safe place to share our journeys ...what do you think ? Can you really see it or is it my imagination ??

Yay!!! I can see it, I think celebrations are in order.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Girls,

lining scan today was good and I'm sitting at about 9,7mm - donor is a little behind in follicle growth so they will stim her for a few days longer so EPU will be Friday instead of Wed. They said she had around 14 follicles currently between 10 to 15 mm so by Friday will be ready to go. It's weird, but I'm not at all stressed about this cycle... like no stress... which is really not like me.

I had a giggle, I was chatting to Dr Le Roux about the embryoscope and said 'We've been talking about the success of embryoscope on a ...;' I was about to say forum and he goes 'forum' and nodded knowingly hahaha... So I think Dr Le Roux might know about his fanclub on here. Dr Le Roux!

We didn't get up to too much today, just hotel brekkie downstairs, then Cavendish Sq to get our donor some goodies from Rain - if you're after pamper bath salts etc. it's a fantastic place for hand made bath products.

We'll head to Chef's Warehouse tonight for dinner as it's literally next door to our hotel so a quick jaunt for those with a baby who is having a few issue adjusting to time differences

Ferngirl congrats on your BFP it's looking good!

How are the other August ladies going?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (08-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ferngirl, thanks for sharing. I think I will ask for the embryoscope and then have one transferred like you instead of two. Looks like its worked for you! Fingers crossed your beta confirms.
    Emski, which hotel did you say you were staying at? I will be travelling with a baby too. 4 days to go. Hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - lining sounds great, donor sounds good ( I wondered if they oversaw our page!) I did ask the donor agent. Is the place a bit crazy with the rugby ?
    Bb4me - early days yet I think !! But just to warn you ( I'm not sure if this is your first time) but the std is two eggs in... Best of luck with your adventure ... I wish I had gone in and discussed embryscope results ( which just given thumb drive) and which matched what was "put in" and what got frozen ( ask for that, I think that is reasonable)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi @BB4Me its Cape Heritage Hotel - its on Bree St which has all the hip restaurants etc. Its an amazing boutique place built in 1708 and lovingly restored. I'm honestly glad we are only here 2 nights in that hotels with babies are a nightmare in general, you really need somewhere with a separate bedroom so that you can watch TV or talk when the baby is asleep. We've all been jetlagged so its been fine for 2 nights as we are all in bed by 8pm. I think they might have an apartment here though so that might be the go?
    http://capeheritage.co.za
    This is our room
    We are moving to a beautiful cottage from airbnb today in Rondeboch/Newlands, the host has been amazing so far and has gone out of her way to Accommodate us with a proper cot and change table. The place looks fantastic as she is a food stylist/chef and avid lifestyle blogger who has restored this place. It's only $108 AUD per night, so far cheaper than a hotel with all the comforts of home. I'll take some piccies while I'm there as its very close to the clinic so others may be interested.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by emski72; 08-09-2015 at 13:55.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (08-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-09-2015),KLM0511  (09-09-2015),Lolly99  (08-09-2015),pinkshootingstar  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your lining sounds great @emski72! What do CFC like to see it at? I'm wondering if they expect it to be thicker than my OE cycles with LB! It sounds like your donor has good quality eggs at that number. Good luck for Friday's EPU hun! I'm glad to hear your so relaxed!!Your room looks lovely. Some of the posh furniture legs look just perfect for E to teeth on!!
    @BB4Me. All going well, I'll be doing a single transfer too as I have a 3 yr poppet already. Plus on one of my donor's past cycles the recipient transferred 1 embryo but got identical twins. A timely reminder for me to just transfer the one!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I've got a question for those who are using the Gestone right now. It was only May when we had our first trip to SA, but I have already forgotten which colour needle was used to inject into the body. We got a surprise natural BFP yesterday and I am assuming my blood test tomorrow will show low progesterone as it always has before, and since we have 3 weeks of Gestone left over from May thought we may as well use that. The injections were painful enough without using the wrong needle!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-09-2015),Hopeful1975  (09-09-2015),Lisaxxx  (09-09-2015),mardicharli  (08-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (08-09-2015),MrsErinR  (08-09-2015),SalSA2015  (09-09-2015),TannyMac  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations EmmaJane. Pretty sure its the blue needles, but I'm sure someone else can confirm that.