Closed Thread
Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default August Meetup in CT

Is there anyone traveling to CT in August that is interested in a meetup? Possibly for high tea at the Mt Nelson hotel?

If you are interested please reply with your first appointment date and let's see what we can set up.

Our first appointment is 24 Aug (3pm).

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara01 View Post
    Hi Ladies

Which donor agencies did you use in SA, and what was your experience of them?

I have to say I am shocked at the amount of money they charge, considering most of their "work" is done sitting behind a computer.
    Not really, a good agency will

A)find and vet the donor ensuring they meet guidelines
    B)guide the donor who has never done ivf.
    C)Liaise between Donor and clinic
    D) ensure the welfare of the donor
    E)keep donor records

They also often accompany them to egg pick up and meet up with intended parents as well.
    Ours was about $1400-$1500 which isn't exorbitant really?

Global Egg Donors was the most outrageous pricing I came across but they are US based and show adult pics. Just make sure you're using an agency that CFC have on their recommended list.

I used ababySA first time and Sunshine for this coming cycle, both were/have been great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was incredibly happy at how cheap they were! Especially after paying a $4000 'wait list' fee then about $3000 donor matching fee here in Aus. That was highway robbery, taking advantage of desperate people. I also went with ababysa and very happy with them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AbabySA were great

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisaxxx View Post
    Hi Emski,
    Thank you for asking, I haven't had a chance to be on for about a week. I had another scan yesterday and all still going ok 9 weeks today Having another scan in 2 weeks.

Just a question with regards to meds did you stay on clexane until 12 weeks as I was thinking I might and also SA say crinone until 11 weeks but I was probably thinking 12 weeks also?
    Hi Lisa - so glad everything is going well!
    I had s scan yesterday with my FS and she went through everything with me again. She wants me to stay on gestone until 10.5 weeks (currently alternating with the pessaries). Stay on the pessaries until 12 weeks and 5 days. She (as did Dr Le Roux) recommend ckexane until 12 weeks. Pretty much stop after the 12 week ultrasound.
    hope this helps??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara01 View Post
    Hi Ladies

Which donor agencies did you use in SA, and what was your experience of them?

I have to say I am shocked at the amount of money they charge, considering most of their "work" is done sitting behind a computer.
    We used sunshine for both our cycles (different donors) and they were definitely worth the $1400 we paid for the first cycle. (They gave us a discount for the second cycle).
    Their work is definitely not 'just computer work'.
    The girls from sunshine accompany the donor to all their appointments,

they show them/help them administer all the needles (including the all important trigger needle).
    They keep a check on their general health & well being.

They accompany them to EPU , but them lunch and then make sure they take them home afterwards.

They also were great advocates for us - they helped me organise our cycle when I was working with strict time schedules (which meant I had our cycle locked in 3 months prior to departure so I didn't have to deal with the stress on booking flights over Christmas for a January cycle)

The girls would answer all my questions within hours (sometimes minutes) of emailing them and maintained regular contact throughout. (And still do now )
    They even gave us great travel tips for while we were there!
    I'd recommend them in a heartbeat 😊

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (27-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do CFC do ICSI as standard? Isn't there a better chance of ruling MFI if they are allowed to fertilise naturally? I never saw or heard a mention of ICSI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    Hi all

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has recommendations on what to do in Cape Town with a 4 year old??

Thanks!
    Kay
    A couple of recommendations:

The V& A has a great aquarium.

The other thing we would recommend is a trip on the Atlantic steam railway (http://www.atlanticrail.co.za).
    It runs on selected Sunday's and is a great day trip for families (or big kids like my DH)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Do CFC do ICSI as standard? Isn't there a better chance of ruling MFI if they are allowed to fertilise naturally? I never saw or heard a mention of ICSI.
    I believe they do ICSI as standard. As far as I have always been told ICSI is the preferred method when dealing with MFI. (We have always dealt with serious MFI )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    I believe they do ICSI as standard. As far as I have always been told ICSI is the preferred method when dealing with MFI. (We have always dealt with serious MFI )
    We don't have MFI issues. I'm just wondering if they are selecting them rather than natural selection, how do we know they are picking good ones.