Closed Thread
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny hang in there, you might still have success.... I had 2 put back on a day 3 transfer none to freeze and ended up with a beautiful baby so you're not out of the game just yet! I do wish it was suggested to us to freeze some of DH sperm. but it wasnt. It could have meant my going back alone instead of DH, me & bubs having to take the trip to try for a 2nd, oh well, not even sure if we'll try for a 2nd anyway but options are always a good thing... Am really hoping you have success & will be keeping my eye out for your update!

Congrats to Wazbub and to those of you waiting hope you all end up with BFPs, being a mommy is truly amazing!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (03-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (03-09-2015),wazbub  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have finally caught up again, hard to find time with working fulltime and looking after a 1yr old. Congrats to everyone with their news. Thankyou for all the tips, have been making lots of notes, having been twice already its good to know there are things still to do. If the ladies who have a bub already don't mind me asking, when you've gone are going back for a second try, are you having one or two embies put back? I had 2 put back each time on my previous trips, both times only one took (first one was miscarried) so I was going to have two put back next time. Due to the high number of twins on the rollcall, I am wondering if I should perhaps only have one transferred?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4Me

How would you feel if you had twins? I think that is the key question.

For us, we did not want twins so we just put back one, and it took. I've actually read that transferring 2 only increases your odds of success by a few percentage points - it's not double the odds of success.

Good luck with your decision,
    Kay

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (04-09-2015),ferngirl  (03-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4, we have a 2y old and with him we put 2 back but ended with one gorgeous boy. But in all honesty, we had one good and one not so good embryo to transfer at the time. This time we too decided to put two back two but it wa two good ones an here we are...31 weeks with a boy and a girl kicking in my tummy

We were hoping for one and had to adjust to the thought but we knew the risks so we were sort of prepared too. After initial chock of thinking of life ahead with 3 kids, we cannot be happier! Totally overjoyed and can't wait to meet these two

I do suggest you think it through very carefully and practically and do not let emotions make the decision! It's hard because the whole journey is one big emotion but this is a big decision to make and both you have DH have to be on the very same page.

And a big congrats BFP girls and looking forward to hearing all other Aug girls results!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (04-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Charlie, thats normal for Dr M. I've have phone calls around 6pm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny, congrats for being PUPO! Regarding no frosties and whether to go for another donor. If it was me i think I would look into choosing another donor. Always nice to have a back up plan but my gut tells me you wont be needing it.

Question for the aussie girls: Has anyone used a lawyer (preferably in melbourne) to organise the paperwork so that the spouse can use frosen embryos and sperm even if the partner is deceased? I'm looking for some recommendation for a lawyer that would be familiar with both australian and south african law in this area.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, Hope everyone is going OK and the August ladies are getting positive news soon from their BT.
    I have just received an email from CFC that my donor is in a current cycle but will be available for screening first week in Oct! Yay! Exciting but overwhelming. Having to wrap my head around getting/taking all the drugs and plan a holiday on top of it is too much!! Just mainly want to have fun and be relaxed about the whole thing and see what happens.. Easy to say but hard to actually put into practice..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (04-09-2015),wazbub  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats @lauren marie - how exciting getting it underway !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default We're back

Just got home this morning at 2am. Left for CT on thread page 37, so have a fair amount of catching up to do.

Great holiday, funny stories, great memories, new friendships, great photos.

AFM - I think it's maybe a bust for us. POAS 9dp4dt is BFN, hoping for a late change, maybe ... but with our luck, probably not. Dr W (or his embryologist) was confident on the two he put back, though I've not heard of a 4dt (well, 1x4 & 1x3) so I don't know. Any thoughts girls?

And yes, travelling is fun and exciting ... but it is nice to get home and sleep in your own bed!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (04-09-2015),Kay2015  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Just got home this morning at 2am. Left for CT on thread page 37, so have a fair amount of catching up to do.

Great holiday, funny stories, great memories, new friendships, great photos.

AFM - I think it's maybe a bust for us. POAS 9dp4dt is BFN, hoping for a late change, maybe ... but with our luck, probably not. Dr W (or his embryologist) was confident on the two he put back, though I've not heard of a 4dt (well, 1x4 & 1x3) so I don't know. Any thoughts girls?

And yes, travelling is fun and exciting ... but it is nice to get home and sleep in your own bed!
    Hi @Jennski, I hope you are wrong. Is it actually 8.5dp4dt with the time difference... that could make all the difference. And how did you have a 3dt and a 4dt ?