Closed Thread
Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ta heaps Em! I'll check it out now.
    Girls who've done Inverdoorn... would you recommend a day trip or an overnight stay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Ta heaps Em! I'll check it out now.
    Girls who've done Inverdoorn... would you recommend a day trip or an overnight stay?
    I'd recommend an overnight stay. You then get to go on the safari at dawn and at dusk. If you pick the right room they will include a personal interaction with the Cheetahs. It was an amazing experience that we truly cherish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'd recommend overnight too so you get two safaris and not rushed. It's probably a bit warmer there now but 7 weeks ago for the morning safari I wore 3 pairs of pants, 4 layers up top, two pairs of gloves' beanie and scarf. I'm not kidding. I also used their blankets they provide and was still cold when the car was moving . It was great though. Highly recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Sorry for being missing in action, still reading along when I can but I'd forgotten how time-consuming having a six-week-old baby is!

Firstly, hi to all the August girls, your journeys to CT are making me very nostalgic... Such a special place.
    Wazbub and Kay: Congrats on your BFPs, such good news.
    Ferngirl and PSS: Congrats on being PUPO, great frostie numbers too.
    Sunnygirl: How are you doing? We only had four fertilised but got a BFP...just remember one is all you need...
    Best wishes also to Jennski and Faith. Sorry if I've missed anyone (baby brain...)

Tahli: We stayed in Molteno Cottage and thought it was very secure. The property is surrounded by a big brick wall and is only accessible through a security door. I loved the fact that the big house was right next door and the owners (who have since moved on but I'm sure it'll be the same with the new owners) were there and on hand if we needed them. Really loved our time staying in the cottage, actually, walking distance to Cavendish Square and CFC, too. We also flew with SAA and they were fine. Bit of a long wait in Perth but quite a bit cheaper and the shortest flying time which is always a good thing in my book!

MardiCharli: How are you getting on with your little one?

Hi to everyone else.

AFM: My daughter is six weeks old today...unbelievable how time has flown. Still can't believe she's here. Finding this forum and through it, having the courage to go to CT was one of the best things I've ever done. Never give up hope!

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (03-09-2015),emski72  (02-09-2015),Hopeful1975  (03-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (03-09-2015),Kay2015  (02-09-2015),Lisaxxx  (03-09-2015),Lolly99  (03-09-2015),mardicharli  (02-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (02-09-2015),pinkshootingstar  (03-09-2015),SalSA2015  (02-09-2015),Tahli  (03-09-2015),TannyMac  (04-09-2015),wazbub  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for checking on me... Transferred two blasts but feeling a bit down as none to freeze. We have put DH on ice (he jokes that he is obsolete as I have him frozen in two countries). If this doesn't work I am considering another cycle, pulling DH out of the freezer and coming for a shorter transfer only visit, has anyone attempted this?

Will also have to rethink the donor choice. Do we go with the same donor or look at others we had on our list but got snapped up before we could reserve them.

On another topic we have one full day left and are thinking Seal Island in the morning and Mt Nelson high tea for the afternoon. Our 'done' list is:

Robben Island
    The two free walking tours
    Stellenbosch and Eagle Encounters
    The Cape and Chapmans Peak Drive
    Drive to Hermanus along the coast
    V&A Waterfront
    Inverdoorn overnight safari
    Table Mountain

suggestions please

Sunny
    Last edited by Sunnygirl04; 03-09-2015 at 03:01.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (03-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking positively for you Sunnygirl, there have been many other BFPs for similar embie counts here.

I'd highly recommend Mount Nelson high tea, that will cheer you up. It's pretty special!

big hugs!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sunny
    Thinking of you too, I have high hopes !
    I would definitely consider a different donor, the rest I have no experience off.
    You've fitted a lot in !!
    I suggest a relaxing day if you haven't had degustation dinner at myoga yet I recommend, as well as a bit of pampering at the spa both at the vineyard ? But afternoon tea at Nelson hotel was lovely too or lunch at pot luck ... We really loved the guided walk at kirstenbosch for something low key ? We also did the zip lines at silvermist Constantia nek which was fun if you want some more action have fun

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny: Don't give up hope, you're still in with a good chance! We had two transferred with no frosties and am currently holding the beautiful result of that in one arm while typing with the other. Know how you must be feeling though, we also froze some of DH's finest and began to think about our next cycle. But I have every faith that you won't need to do one! Enjoy your last day in CT.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, my donor on her last cycle produced approx 25 eggs & only got 2 blasts. The recipient is now pregnant. Don't give up hope hun. To have 2 blasts on board is amazing!!
    I'm about to do similar to your suggested back up plan. As your DH's sperm is already at CFC you only need to be there for 5 days....day 3 in case a day 3 transfer is needed, have your day 5 transfer, rest up for a day or two (useful to build in a few extra days in case your donor needs to stim longer anyway) & then fly home.
    Enjoy your last day in CT!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (03-09-2015),Sunnygirl04  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Wazbub on your positive hpt.

Ferngirl and PSS fantastic numbers in the freezer. Looking forward to hearing you both have a positive soon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (05-09-2015),wazbub  (03-09-2015)