Closed Thread
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    Hi all

Thanks so much for all the input on accommodation and things to do! I found a lovely AirBnB place in Mouille Point, so we are booked.

For the other august ladies, our schedule is below:
    - lining scan 12 August
    - EPU 14 August (obviously tentative depending on how donor responds)

Did anyone book just 10 days and hope that the window works out? I am considering doing that, and then I'd have to delay my flight if embie transfer is pushed back....

I must say a huge thanks to all of you on this forum - I know I don't post much but I take a massive amount of advice and strength from everyone here, and I can't imagine this journey without all of you.

Kay
    I wonder how risky it really is travelling with an embie on board (if you want to conform to their no travel for 4 days)... As long as you book a Flexi fare yes I reckon you could do it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-07-2015),Miss Sagi  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the embryoscope guys. Very interesting watching - to me anyway lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x38sLVFFqsM

Interesting that Well 1 has 3 nucleii and well 3 has 1 nucleii (I think anyway).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (23-07-2015),Kay2015  (22-07-2015),KLM0511  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I wonder how risky it really is travelling with an embie on board (if you want to conform to their no travel for 4 days)... As long as you book a Flexi fare yes I reckon you could do it.
    No one said no travel for 4 days to us, we just allows a couple of days post transfer in case the donor needed to stim longer. I flew the day after my FET, but then again that was a bust.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-07-2015),Kay2015  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    No one said no travel for 4 days to us, we just allows a couple of days post transfer in case the donor needed to stim longer. I flew the day after my FET, but then again that was a bust.
    Ah. I thought it was for the flight. Good to know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got on a flight 2hrs after my transfer, then did a full day tour and then a flight home 2 days after transfer (and carrying all my luggage).Didn't stop my 2 from taking. In fact I could feel one of them implanting for hours on the plane as my back was aching badly near the kidneys and I couldnt sleep because of it.
    I believe if they're meant to implant, they will, no matter what you do. (Within reason)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-07-2015),Kay2015  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay - I have done 2 fresh cycles wih CFC and both egg collections (different ED's) were delayed by 2 days .... I always booked for flying out on the 14th day as I hought the stress of worrying about flight changes etc wouldn't be worth it for me. CFC usually also do the cycle dates around a working fortnight (or at least for me it worked out that way) so in terms of time off work etc it wouldn't have made any difference to cut the trip back to the minimum.

As Leyshoja said - if you pay the extra and get a flexible ticket, that would give you some freedom to change if need be. (Also a better chance of a seat upgrade .)

Either way - good luck.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-07-2015),Kay2015  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    Hi all

)

Did anyone book just 10 days and hope that the window works out? I am considering doing that, and then I'd have to delay my flight if embie transfer is pushed back....

I must say a huge thanks to all of you on this forum - I know I don't post much but I take a massive amount of advice and strength from everyone here, and I can't imagine this journey without all of you.

Kay
    Kay - I have done 2 fresh cycles at CFC too. The first cycle went like clockwork exactly to their predicted timeframe.

The second cycle (with a new donor) however, was delayed twice (a delay of 5 days in total) and if we had booked to the 10 days would have had all sorts of dramas changing flights.
    As it was we actually allowed an extra few days (our total trip was 17 days). Which meant we had Tx on Monday and flew out on Wednesday. I would always book the return flight as a Flexi and allow some extra days. The last thing you will want is any added stress at that time.
    Those extra few days, while an added expense, will mean you can have a much more relaxed approach to your cycle. It also means you won't have to wait as long when you get home before testing 😉

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (23-07-2015),Jennski  (23-07-2015),Kay2015  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the embryoscope guys. Very interesting watching - to me anyway lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x38sLVFFqsM

Interesting that Well 1 has 3 nucleii and well 3 has 1 nucleii (I think anyway).
    Best 22 seconds of my day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Which donor agencies did you use in SA, and what was your experience of them?

I have to say I am shocked at the amount of money they charge, considering most of their "work" is done sitting behind a computer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zara,

Don't worry so much about the agency that you use, focus on finding the best fit with the donor. I signed up with them all and then trawled through their databases to find the donor we liked the most. The agencies are very useful in co-ordinating with the clinic, the donor and yourself and guiding you through the initial part of the process.

Sunny