Closed Thread
Page 46 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yes let us know how you get on Tahli! Very exciting when it all starts to happen!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shall do @emski72! What's the low down on flights between Melbourne and Cape Town?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It would probably depend on pricing when you need to go more than anything.
    Qantas is quickest, then South African airlines then Singapore Airlines - we always have a lot of points with Singapore so I've gone with them this time, plus the baby will fit their bassinet... SAA were fine, its virgin to Perth then SAA to jiburg/cpt. The flight is pretty crap any which way!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

SalSA2015  (22-08-2015),Tahli  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant, thanks for helping @emski72! Do you always have to fly to another Australian capital city then through J'berg...so 3 legs or 4 if you have to refuel in an Asian city midway? Is anything under $2k return an ok price?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Its a refuelling thing and also to maximise patronage - Most go via Perth or Singapore...even Qantas is Mel/syd/joburg. And yes all go through jburg...singapore air you dont get off tge plane though.I found SAA flight for $1400 on sale - this time I think our fares were around $3400 each as it took CFC forever to get my dates to me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    hope im not being too forward here by jumping into this thread....I have been reading posts here for a bit but not really said very much as this is all a bit new for me! We are hoping to go to SA very soon, searching for ED at present. I was wondering what is the go with egg donors who are smokers? I have found 2 donors who seem great except they are smokers and am wondering if anyone has had an ED who smoked? Really it doesn't seem like a good idea but I'm just kind of assuming. Guessing if it was a huge problem they wouldn't be allowed to donate?Also do most people go with ED who have donated before? Again the 2 ED I liked have not donated yet. We are in our late 40's and have done four unsuccessful IVF cycles several years ago, and have only recently decided to go to SA for ED. Thanks ladies! Any advise would be helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shall head off to do my pricing online now. Ta heaps for giving me a jump start there @emski72! I'm so used to everything going so slowly in the world of IVF but I do have to wonder if this is going to happen a little quicker than I'd anticipated.
    At least if I have the flights researched & a couple of accom options in mind then if I suddenly get a treatment plan I can spring into action quickly/easily.
    I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your current treatment plan. I remember you saying you were watching the flight prices going up daily. How immensely frustrating & costly. Good luck for your flight with E. How old will she be in a few wks when you fly out?
    Is Inverdoorn the easy day tripper safari option for a single gal traveling on her own?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Apparently so Tahli, I've not done Safari but everyone seems to enjoy that one.
    E will be just off 10 months when we fly so a good age...luckily the Singapore Airlines flight is overnight which was another plus for us so fingers crossed she'll sleep most of the way.

Lauren Marie... Welcome! I'd probably try to avoid a smoker but its not always possible...20 something y.o's tend to smoke and drink even these days!
    I would suggest going with a proven donor if possible - too many variables with an unproven one. That said my new donor is unproven, but I have my daughter so I don't feel as stressed about this cycle should it not work if that makes any sense? If I was still trying for #1 I'd definitely go with a proven donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks emski! Yes I was kind of thinking it was not a great idea, but I really liked the profile of these two girls...I am only just starting looking really so I'm sure I will find more suitable ED that I will be happy with. Just got a bit hasty I think! Need to spend the next few days seriously looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I've come back to a donor I liked before, very much liked, but she's not proven
    Leyshoja - can I suggest you ask the agency if she has done any cycles. Our second donor had a profile that said she wasn't 'proven' but when we investigated further we found out she had actually done 3 other cycles with fabulous results. The Agency just hadn't update her profile.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (04-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-08-2015),Kay2015  (23-08-2015)