Closed Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Thanks Emski, that's reassuring! Yes I'm on clexane and will try me on baby asprin (i am sensitive to asprin but would rather looking hivey than having blood clots I figure).

Ferngirl - we fly out from Perth on SAA this Friday night then connection from Joburg to Cape Town Saturday morning. What about yourselves?

Has anyone had to use flight stockings - I'm struggling to find any at such short notice aside from the Levante ones at Myers/David Jones. Thinking maybe of using them and bringing flight socks too if the stockings don't feel enough pressure??

Also just found out I do have some NKC (CD163 - whatever that means) from recent biopsy with Dr Wazza - so have madly found a clinic locally for intralipids tomorrow. I know some ladies here have also had it at CFC, and recall people saying they don't do as much over there, any information people have would be appreciated. Curve balls flying everywhere at the moment.
    Pink - do you have any friends who are nurses? You can use the compression socks used after surgery (they aren't as pretty but the do the same thing as flight socks). Otherwise try a large chemist.

I had intralipids at CFC. Wazza does 500ml/20% over 4-5 hours with saline.
    At CFC they do 200ml/20% with saline over about 2 hours from memory. I figured any was better than nothing as a 'top up' while in Ct. I did it in Brissie before I left, a couple of days before Tx. Then every 10 days when I got home until 14 weeks as per Wazzas instructions.

Email your doctor & coordinator and Ask to book in for it prior to leaving. They can reschedule timing if your Tx changes. I had mine originally booked on a Tuesday but got to change this to a Thursday.

I did both clexane and aspirin. I was told they were for two different reasons (sorry I can't remember exactly the details but I do remember asking as I felt it was doubling up )
    Last edited by Blinky76; 19-08-2015 at 18:57.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink , well I hope you sort everything out before Friday, listening to the conversation I feel 100% unprepared as I'm not on anything else or in fact even packed let alone got extras ! Anyway I'll go with the flow, looks like we are on the same flight :see you Friday night .... Best of luck with preparation good luck everyone else at whatever stage you are at .. I've lost touch a little as I've been head down bum up trying to get work in order before leaving !!! 😱

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (19-08-2015),pinkshootingstar  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay 2015 your post made my day! Whenever I did everything correct with this IVF treatment it never worked (in fact the harder I tried the worse my results were). On the two occasions I got pregnant I did very little prep, drank alcohol (and lots of it in the SA wine region) and just gave the whole thing very little thought! So there you have it....I think relaxing and leaving the rest up to the universe is the best method! Best of luck with the transfer x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Kay2015, sound like the perfect prep for transfer. Dr W told me today to go out and have a few glasses of wine. He said it would have no impact whatsoever on the result that that we should really just enjoy ourselves while we are here. Hoping your transfer went well today. Wondering if maybe we crossed paths in the waiting room.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-08-2015),emski72  (20-08-2015),Jennski  (04-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-08-2015),Kay2015  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've finally got my treatment plan and travel dates sorted. Intralipids on Tuesday the 22nd of September and transfer on Friday the 25th. I'm flying out on Saturday afternoon at 3pm though
    I know they say travel 2 days later... but I need to be back at work Monday. I remember someone else saying they travelled the same afternoon.. really, would it make any difference? I don't think so, but I'm wondering if I should at least let them know?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-08-2015),Kay2015  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't think so Leyshoja, I think the main thing is not to stress post transfer or lift anything too heavy so perhaps factor that in and grab some Valium for transfer (as per wazzas protocol) ensure you don't go lugging suitcases... Ask for the first transfer of the day early in the morning so that you have plenty of time and aren't stressing about making the flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    PS I would let them know for that reason (early morning transfer).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    PS I would let them know for that reason (early morning transfer).
    Great idea @emski72 - I will email them now !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kay2015 i thought that was you! I was the same didn't want to impose on your day of transfer. Looking forward to dinner tonight. Are we doing pot luck club at 6pm?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All - I am making dinner reservations for tonight with wazbub and Jennski. I thought I would share the list options I went through in case anyone else is looking for restaurant ideas:
    • Chef’s Warehouse (location = Central Cape Town). This would have been my number one choice but they don’t take reservations. If you are just two people and don’t mind waiting for a table, this is supposed to be really amazing.
    • Pot Luck Club (location = Woodstock, on top of the old biscuit mill). Sister restaurant to the Test Kitchen. This would have been a really great choice but Jennski already ate there.
    • Myoga (location = Vineyard Hotel, Newlands, about 2 kilometers from the clinic). It’s special occasion dining, they do a 7 course tasting menu which is R325pp or R565 including wine pairing. I would love to go there but thought it would have been a better option in the summer.
    • Gold (location = Green Point). They serve true African food, you can partake in drumming lesson if you arrive at 6.30pm, and they have live African entertainment with stories told through music and dance. I would love to go there but don’t think it’s conducive to chatter/discussion during the meal.
    • Harbour House (location = Kalk Bay). We ate there and loved it, especially the location. We had lunch and got to see seals wandering around (on the street) in front of the restaurant, and a fish market in full swing. This would have been an ideal choice but it’s a bit far away and I’m not sure where everyone is staying.
    So now I’m out of interesting ideas so in the end I booked the Harbour House in V&A which is also great but a little bit the “safe option”. If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know!

Kay

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (20-08-2015),wazbub  (20-08-2015)