Closed Thread
Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Copy of my post from 'ivf over 40':

Got a reply from Dr W at Cape Town over the weekend (!) but its not the reply I was hoping for... I asked if the intralipids 'REALLY' do help or its just theoretical and only 'MAY' help and couldn't I just take the prednisolone and he says:
    "the action of prednisolone and intralipids are very different. Prednisolone suppresses the formation of antibodies and intralipids are supposed to mop up existing antibodies so it is logical to use them in combination."
    What a pain considering how difficult it is going to be to organise. I'm going to talk to my FS and see if I can get blood tests for the next couple of weeks and see if the high dose fish oil makes a dent in the high ANA and if not I guess I need to pursue the intralipids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie

I had some professional counselling for a while as part of the process of getting to this point in my life and he said something that has not only stayed with me but really helped me to avoid the frustration and anger I felt when seeing others getting pregnant etc when I couldn't. He said 'remember there is no such thing as fairness in life. There is nothing in the universe sitting there divying up what happens to people based on how good or kind they are or how much they think they deserve something, or based on what has happened to them befroehand. Life is the combination of the luck of where and when we are born and what we make of everything that happens to us.'

For me, this idea really helped, hopefully it will help you too. if it doesn't - just get a big punching bag and use it liberally !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (18-08-2015),Charlie74  (17-08-2015),Miss Sagi  (17-08-2015),pinkshootingstar  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Charlie, while immune issues are a huge pain in the butt, plus extra expense, I believe its worth "leaving no stone unturned" and thats why I went to the best...Dr M. After 10 failed cycles with no implantation at all, I started Dr M's protocol and bingo my 11th cycle was successful. While I can't credit this success wholly and soley to my immune treatment, I believe it played an important part as much as using younger eggs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-08-2015),Jennski  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    High P4 levels is also an indicator

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, ignore my last post....wrong thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    I completely agree.. I spoke with my psychologist today who works with cancer patients (it's one of her specialties), and she told me that statistically, patients who actively seek out more answers, who look for more evidence, and who really put time into looking outside of the square, questioning doctors & trying to find more information rather than just taking what the doctor says is gospel- that they have better outcomes. I'm definitely going to throw everything at it, I've got a phone appointment with Dr M 3rd September.. Just had a very funny conversation with Gwyneth about Scottish/English/Welsh accents! : )
    I spoke with Gwyneth today too....she's a funny character.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Ok this is really starting to stress me. I don't know which way to turn and couldn't get onto my FS today who is not keen on any of this anti immune stuff. Last thing he said was there were additional antibody tests that had come back of mine that he didn't understand the significance of and he would get back to me. Who is dr M?
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 17-08-2015 at 17:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja

Google Gamal Matthias. He has a couple of offices around Sydney. Call and speak to Gwyneth his receptionist (she is from the uk and has a slightly odd way but is quite good once she knows you). When I originally called I just said I didn't know what I was doing but it had been suggested I to talk to Dr M.

Remember if is just a consultation so you aren't committing yourself to anything....... Take one step at a time.

Re FS views on immune protocols ... In my experience most know nothing and really don't see the connection and yet in the UK and US immune stuff is quite a standard part of treatment for TTC. Dr M trained under a Dr in the US (forgotten his name) and that is why he is on sic the few who do it in OZ.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops .....
    Last edited by Cathy69; 18-08-2015 at 07:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr M was mentored under Dr Beers. You should get his book and have a read....Is your body baby friendly. It goes through all immune issues that affect fertility.