Closed Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by January View Post
    Hi Hopeful1975 you are actually on the roll call under the BFP heading. Some weeks ago someone else couldn't see the entire roll call. I'm not entirely sure why? I cut and past the the list on my lap top and don't use the BUBHUB app to do this. Maybe something to do with viewing it via the app
    If viewing the app click on webview (when you hold your finger on post a few options like thank and quote come up) then it has everyone

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (21-07-2015),emski72  (21-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cost for me for the DNA test is $395 so it is dropping quite fast it appears. Re gender ID I believe for twins the best it will do is recognise if if there is a male chromosome in the blood but as Sagi said, it doesn't tell you which/both are male.

While we are talking costs, has everyone realised that there is no more Net Medical Expenses tax offset claim able in your income tax anymore - unless you are in a nursing home? It ended June 30. Not that it helped much but it was better than nothing. I had $17k of net expenses last year and will get $760 back - arghhhhh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decided that unless the initial screening shows up something of concern/worth further investigation I am not going to do a Harmony/Verify etc test. When we were using OE it was a different story, i was definitely going to do one of the blood based tests.

BUT, while I know that these tests can reveal the presence (or lack of) male chromosomes and thus the gender I would still not find out. I understand that there may (not sure on this) be an additional charge to find out.

My thoughts are that with everything we go through, poked, prodded, planned and managed the gender is practically the only surprise we can have so I am going wait.

On the Medical Offset... this was announced in the 2013 Budget. 2013 was the last 'open' year. If you claimed in 2013 you could claim in 2014. And, only if you had claimed in '13 and '14 could you claim in '15. We knew about this and bought up all our meds for August, went to the dentist (fillings!) etc and paid what we could before June 30. It wasn't much but it all helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,
    Wondering if those that are a fountain of knowledge can help.
    With previous talk about anti D injections I was just wondering about me.
    My donor is type AB-, least common!
    My partner and I are O+. So based on Internet calculators the baby will either be A-, A+, B-, or B+.
    So that won't affect me in anyway will it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KLM
    You don't need anti d as you are positive.

Re: harmony at my test 5 weeks ago they said they had stopped 'telling' about sex as there had been issues in the states.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM,

There are only risks involved when the mother is negative and the father is positive. So with you being positive you are all good.

Sunny

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, I thought that would be the case but just wanted to double check.
    This place is better than Google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy, I'm hoping to get a lot more than that back. I claimed the year before which lets me claim last financial year as well. Thank god I"m pregnant so don't invisige too many expenses this year, now that we can't claim.
    KLM, Just let your OB know about all 3 blood groups, but as Sunny and KLM mentioned, you shouldn't need the anti d.
    I'm negative and both of my donors are positive so I need it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm negative, DH and donor are positive. I had miscarriage from a non viable pregnancy earlier this year from my last OE stim cycle. I was given the shot by the FS straight after the scan, it felt weird having someone else doing an injection after so many stims!

My preference was to find a donor with the same blood type as me. But this was a 'nice to have' rather than a 'need to have' and when we found our donor it was the only box that wasn't ticked.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2015),Miss Sagi  (21-07-2015)