Closed Thread
Page 28 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Charlie74 that's exactly what I thought when I first started looking at this. Great hey ?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget your donor will cost you around $1300 from memory

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's ridiculous isn't it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    For those of you who have been through this already: Did you get an update after your donor had her scans?

My donor had her first scan last Saturday (according to our treatment plan), and I haven't heard anything from CFC. Does this just mean that everything is on track? Should I assume that they would have contacted me if she was stimulating fast or slow?

I'm trying not to be toooo type A throughout this journey but it's a challenge :-)

Kay

We haven't heard anything. I was just re-reading the treatment plan they sent us and only just worked out what the donor is up to! In my world it's all about us ... all the organising that has to be done to get over there. I guess we have the 'easier' part in the whole grand scheme of things.

Kay2015 - good luck for your lining scan; remember, half an avocado, an egg and 3-4 Brazil nuts each day if you want to thicken it up a bit.

AFM - Lining scan on Monday. Yay!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No holidays here Kay, just a quiet spell I guess, it will amp up as people start getting to Cape Town. Everyone seems to recommend Inverdoorn @Kay2015 for Safari, the recommendation seems to be to go pre transfer as it can be quite a rough ride.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Girls.. Have been looking at the CFC website, and was just looking at the costs.. I'm in disbelief and feel like I must be missing something.. It says 60,665 rand.. Which my currency converter says is about $6648.. And that includes pretty much everything.. Theatre costs, donor meds, ICSI, scans... Is that really the case?? Stupid question, it must be I guess if it's written there.. I can't believe how much cheaper it all is over there??? Geez were getting ripped of in Australia aren't we?? We'll have paid around $10k out of pocket for this last cycle.. And that's WITH a Medicare rebate! And I haven't even gotten the anaesthetist fee yet OR done a transfer.. It's amazing that they can do it all for $6648 in SA.. I'm in shock...
    Although Charlie, in SA that is a HUGE amount of money. We are just lucky due to the currency exchange it is more affordable.

Ladies, I think we are going to go ahead. I still have a few doubts/worries, but I think the regret if we don't try this will be a bigger deal.

I have seen a potential donor that I like, but she is 33. Do you ladies think that is too old, or would you say it is fine? She has one child, but no previous donations.

Very exciting to see so many fo you heading over in August!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara01 View Post
    Although Charlie, in SA that is a HUGE amount of money. We are just lucky due to the currency exchange it is more affordable.

Ladies, I think we are going to go ahead. I still have a few doubts/worries, but I think the regret if we don't try this will be a bigger deal.

I have seen a potential donor that I like, but she is 33. Do you ladies think that is too old, or would you say it is fine? She has one child, but no previous donations.

Very exciting to see so many fo you heading over in August!
    Hi Zara, this might sound blunt but if it were me, I wouldn't go near anyone over 28, especially unproven in that she's never stimmed before and they don't know how she will react/respond.
    You want the best odds possible...
    I found you have to kind of detach with choosing a donor and go with the stats/attributes.
    Em x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (12-08-2015),pinkshootingstar  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jennski - surely red wine and G&Ts help too, right? If so I'll have a fab lining :-)
    It worked for me 😉

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doesn't seem to be much activity on the thread and I wonder if people are on holiday or traveling? In the northern hemisphere it is summer vacation time, but I'm not sure about all of you from Australia.

I am looking for any recommendations for a one-day safari from Cape Town? There are so many travel companies and parks to choose from!

I'm on my way to SA, hope the planning and travel is going well for all the other August ladies.

Kay
    Winter hibernation here perhaps ?

As for a day trip safari - I highly recommend Inverdoorn. We ended up doing an overnight trip and got a personal interaction with a cheetah as well. For a cat lover like me it was awesome!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (13-08-2015),mardicharli  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't seem to be much activity on the thread and I wonder if people are on holiday or traveling? In the northern hemisphere it is summer vacation time, but I'm not sure about all of you from Australia.

I am looking for any recommendations for a one-day safari from Cape Town? There are so many travel companies and parks to choose from!

I'm on my way to SA, hope the planning and travel is going well for all the other August ladies.

Kay
    The inverdoorn game reserve was great

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (13-08-2015),mardicharli  (13-08-2015)