Closed Thread
Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Sunnygirl sounds like that is what is supposed happen. Your period on the pill will not be like normal.

They are only just starting work there now (11.30am) so I wouldn't panic and they work Saturdays.
    This is the fourth time that I have used The Pill to time a cycle so I am well aware of the differences between a true period and a Pill withdrawal bleed.

I am concerned however about the delay as this is the longest time from stopping the Pill and getting a bleed. My normal interval is three days, so yesterday morning would have been my expected timeframe.

This is also the cycle with the most physical, financial and emotional resources thrown at it and it is not so easy to just push everything back. So I feel a level of concern is justified. The 'Help!!!' in my comment title was to attract attention and is definitely not an indication of panic.

I am looking for answers/guidance from those who might have been in a similar situation rather so if you can provide this assistance please do.
    Last edited by Sunnygirl04; 07-08-2015 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And the progynova will take care of your currently absent lining

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    This is the fourth time that I have used The Pill to time a cycle so I am well aware of the differences between a true period and a Pill withdrawal bleed.

I am concerned however about the delay as this is the longest time from stopping the Pill and getting a bleed. My normal interval is three days, so yesterday morning would have been my expected timeframe.

This is also the cycle with the most physical, financial and emotional resources thrown at it and it is not so easy to just push everything back. So I feel
    a level of concern is justified. The 'Help!!!' in my comment title was to attract attention and is definitely not an indication of panic.

I am looking for answers/guidance from those who might have been in a similar situation rather so if you can provide this assistance please do.
    In that case I'd be ringing them. It's 1pm there so at least you'll get someone in the office.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunnygirl
    I can share the advice I was given..
    My situation was similar BUT not identical. With my last cycle, I had breakthrough bleeding two weeks before I was supposed to stop the pill (it was around the time I would normally get my period). The breakthrough bleed lasted for 4 or so days and stopped. When I stopped the pill …. I didn’t get my period… I emailed my coordinator as well as Dr H (my regular Dr, Dr L was away at the time). My coordinator told me it happens sometimes on the pill…. Her instructions where I should take my Lucrin Depot Injection on the Day 5 (the last day I was to get my period) and start my Progynova as scheduled.
    Dr H also replied me, but gave me slightly different advice…. He told me to take my Lucrin Depot injection on Day 4 and start my Progynova as instructed. He also told me it’s normal to NOT get a period, he said some women don’t…
    In the end I went with my Coordinator’s advice because I felt she was following what Dr L usually tells his patients, and since I was Dr L's patient I went with that. I would have followed Dr H's plan if my coordinator hadn't replied. That being said, it looks like they give very similar advice.

I hope you managed to get hold of the clinic. Good Luck

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (08-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Not sure if anyone is currently looking for flights but I just received an email to say that Qantas flights to SA are currently on special (from $1399). Not sure of the dates but worth checking out if you're shopping around...
    Good luck to all the August ladies!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (08-08-2015),SalSA2015  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Fml

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but 27 cycles is outrageous from an ethical perspective- regardless of what you think.

It's not right and many Ob/Gyn, doctors and FS would agree. It's $$$ to them at the end of the day. No person should have that many stimulated cycles.

The evidence is not there that it would work and DE should be discussed much sooner.

This IVF journey has opened my eyes to the horrible lack of ethics in fertility and the poor quality of information that is given.

I cannot fathom how anyone could suggest someone keep trying knowing the statistics and evidence base they are educated from. My doctor has told me- realistically after 3 cycles with your own eggs and no success it is time to give up.

Statistically that is correct too. With every cycle surgery is required (further risk) and there is no sudden improvement in egg quality with additional cycles. I am sorry but those figures would horrify many doctors. I am totally disillusioned by the lack of regulation in fertility and egg donation in Australia.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KMP if a patient insists the dr may not have a choice. I know my clinic were pushing DE on me before I was ready to go down that path but in the end it was my choice. So... I kept throwing good money after bad.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (10-08-2015),mardicharli  (09-08-2015),Sunnygirl04  (09-08-2015),TannyMac  (09-08-2015)