Closed Thread
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I ditto what Cathy said.. I do Synarel - re stock availability - it has just been out of stock for weeks in Aus and became available again last Mon. Give your chemist a week to get it in as its not needed much outside of ivf.
    I use it because it's portable and unobtrusive you can administer it anywhere in front of everyone if need be, doesn't need to be kept cold, is a similar price ( I got $97 back through PHI). They all make you prone to headaches on and off.
    Em x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, we are returning to SA for another cycle. We have been able to secure the same donor we used 2 years ago! I haven't read the thread yet to catch up on the goings on but I wanted to let you know we are looking at being in CT in the first week in January. Just been looking at airfare prices for that time of year and not cheap.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015),Kay2015  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for the next cycle BB4Me.

The airfares, like most places I suppsoe really do cycle through school holiday peaks and troughs. You cant' book until a couple of weeks before so you may be lucky and pick up a cheaper fare, or you may find it is worth delaying a couple of weeks and avoiding the peak period.

Enjoy your planning.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck BB4me !
    I went synarel too. I had two half bottles last time and was worried I wouldn't know when the half empty ones were empty but found a handy trick. Shake it vigorously right near your ear and you can hear how much is left... Just FYI as it was a stress for me thinking I might be sniffing plain air lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (30-07-2015),Sunnygirl04  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Great thanks for all the help I had no idea which way to jump. Oh also wondering if anyone here is from perth ?
    Sunny girl my first appoint is also on the 24th we would love to do high tea sometime not quite sure where we are staying yet ( too many options!)

And so sorry leyshoja I really had my fingers crossed for you ! In my mind I have planned three visits to I guess mentally prepare
    Last edited by ferngirl; 29-07-2015 at 19:30.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-07-2015),KLM0511  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I already have a script for lupron as that's was my drs first thoughts I'm thinking I may ask for syneral(spelling!) as I'm worried about the plane travel thing, for those who traveled with the injection do you take it as hand luggage is there likely to be any dramas ? How did you do it Blinky ? Uggg drugs drugs drugs what a conversation !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry too much about the storage side of the meds. I flew via Bali and there were no issues with any of my drugs- just don't leave it out in really high temps and I'm sure it will be OK. I used no fancy storage for anything. My injection was in a plastic bag with a tiny gel ice pack wrapped in a towel. The needle is tiny and I would have been a nightmare on Synarel. You won't know until you've used the drug to know and I only used it on one of my 5 personal IVF cycles and would never use it again. I think the injection is cheaper than 2 bottles of Synarel too.

You need to inject after transfer anyway, with needles like spears which can be when you are at all different locations- I was rarely home for these so it all made no difference to me whether I used nasal spray or injections. Either way I'd never administer in a public place. Sometimes I have to do things or work until late and the timing of Synarel is do critical if twice a day. For me nobody was to know what I was doing so injections being once a day could always fit my schedule.

First week of January is peak holiday period so prices will be expensive and unlikely to drop. Availability of flights at that time also will be hard- I flew New Years day from Singapore as that was the only day there were flights. I fortunately had points to use so I didn't pay but they were far more expensive than a few weeks prior to that.
    Last edited by KMP; 29-07-2015 at 19:33.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #10

Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Although I already have a script for lupron as that's was my drs first thoughts I'm thinking I may ask for syneral(spelling!) as I'm worried about the plane travel thing, for those who traveled with the injection do you take it as hand luggage is there likely to be any dramas ? How did you do it Blinky ? Uggg drugs drugs drugs what a conversation !
    I took all my needles as hand luggage. (I had more than just the Lupron to take).
    The idea of it stressed me a little the first time (flight was via Singapore) but it really wasn't a problem as no one blinked an eyelid.
    I never once had to pull out the doctors letter I had to accompany medication.
    To travel with the Lupron/Lucrin I took a plastic 'cereal to go' sistema container. These containers have two sections so that you can put some ice in the bottom and sit the meds on the top section. (Woolies sell these ). I then carried this in a cooler bag with a small cold brick.
    Some airlines will let you store your meds in their refrigeration but most won't due to regulations.

I double checked my receipts and for me the synarel was definitely cheaper than the Lupron/Lucrin
    Last edited by Blinky76; 29-07-2015 at 20:07.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cathy69. If only we could delay but our donor can only donate at Xmas/new year.
    I have now read through thread 10. I was hoping to find info on the latest opinions on CFC/Drs to be sure the service is as good as when I last used them. Strangely there is very little mention of the clinic.
    I was also keen to see where people are staying. We used stayincapetown for our accomodation on our first trip and were near the waterfront. Second trip we stayed in an apartment across the road from the clinic. I am hoping to stay in that general area again. We had self service apartments and cooked our own food a lot. I loved the kingklip fish and ostrich. Made sure to eat pineapple for the bromelin and avocado, will have to dig out my food list. First trip over I forgot about eating the coloured veg and leafy greens and my lining was marginal. 2nd trip I had a really good lining after eating pumpkin, sweet potatoes spinach etc.
    this time will be different as we will be travelling with a baby so I am keen to hear from anyone who may have done this already.
    is it easy to buy baby food and nappies over there or do I need to take these with me? What do I do about milk for her on the plane? They wouldn't let me walk through customs with a bottle of water so I can't imagine they'd let me through with a litre of milk! Would appreciate your opinions thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4Me

I am a CFC patient and Paul Le Roux is my doctor. Can't speak more highly of him or the clinic.

Re taking baby milk on the plane .... I believe as long as you have the baby with you, you can take whatever you need ie the 100ml / 1ltr total doesn't apply.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (20-08-2015)