Thanks
    Reviews
    Leysjoya, sorry to hear your news. Hang on in there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leyshoja, so sorry to hear about your BFN. It's hard to process it all but you sound determined and that's the best thing to do - look ahead to the next trip. You have heaps of support and encouragement on here!
    Plus, just remember what a fantastic holiday you had!! Something to cherish! That's how we looked at it anyway. (My next 2 trips were on my own and very quick).
    Look after yourself 😊

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Penny for your thoughts Girls, our Travel Agent is putting the heavies on us saying we need to urgently get vaccinations (yellow fever and Hepatitis) before we leave. Has anyone else bothered to ? Should we worry, we are planning to go on a Safari, but only one that has been recommended on this Thread. Is it overkill, would love some advice from you.
    Jennski - no sure where your travel agent is getting their info but you definitely don't need a yellow fever vaccination. There are countries in Africa that it is required but these are all sub-Saharan countries well away from SA. In fact SA have strict guideline s for those travelling from affected countries to prevent them entering SA.
    As for Hep A - while it is a useful travel vaccination when traveling to areas with poor food handling and drinking water quality. If time is of the essence you can go safely without it to SA. Just follow usual food safety precautions that you would here and you will be fine. The quality of food/restaurants etc in Cape Town is great. If you are going on a safari to somewhere mentioned on this thread then you should be also quite safe with regards to food standards. It would really only be applicable if you were travelling in very rural 'township' areas of SA where the water quality may be an issue. Cape Town is a modern, vibrant city just like those at home. (Clearly your travel agent has never been)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I'll just keep POASing regardless and take the BT on Monday. I feel like I'm over it now. I spent a fair bit of time today thinking about the next steps for the FET, booked an appt at my FS and priced up the trip. The good old backup plan B always gets me through. When I run out of plans, then I'm in trouble !
    Thinking of you Leyshoja as you anxiously wait for your BT on Monday. It's great that you have a back up plan - I know with our first cycle BFN a back up plan was what saved me. It also helped that our FS had a couple of extra 'tricks' in his bag to tweak our immune protocol. While a BFN hurts just remember that a return trip to SA will statistically give you much better odds of success, and another 'holiday' to enjoy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Server not responding.
    Last edited by KMP; 26-07-2015 at 11:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennski your GP or travel med doctor should be advising you re immunisations. The travel docs are frequently updated on outbreaks and can give accurate advice.

Hep A is something I'd never travel without. Poor hand washing is responsible for most transmission which means that is out of your control. You just need to swallow the viral particles to get sick. It's not just from food but toilets, doors, taps etc also.

I wouldn't listen to a travel agent for anything like that. You do need your child's birth certificate authorised to enter now (existing children)- that is one major change.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    Hi,

A quick question...

I have been on The Pill for just under 6 weeks, with 10 days to go. Today I have had some spotting, not much but feel a bit crampy as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

I sent a message to CFC but not heard back yet.

thanks

Sunny
    Sorry, Bumping this question

(TMI warning)

After spotting for 48 hours it has progressed to a flow that can no longer be contained by liners alone. I am continuing as per the treatment plan but am so worried that this event may jeopardise the whole thing.

Any words of advice?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It's likely breakthrough bleeding, it should stop when you start estrogen, don't panic! I had a full on period that started the day before I started the estrogen last cycle, the estrogen tapered it off after 3 days or so, they allow enough buffer in your treatment cycle to build your lining if need be.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-07-2015),Sunnygirl04  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all. Just a quickie to let you know that our beautiful daughter was born last Wednesday. (Caesar got brought forward from tomorrow after one of the ladies in the queue delivered last Monday night). We are now home from hospital and settling into second-time parenthood. We also feel truly blessed to have got to this point.
    Never give up on your dreams ladies...

Leyshoja: So sorry to hear about your BFN but glad to hear you're already planning for your next trip.

Hi to everyone else.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (26-07-2015),Hopeful1975  (26-07-2015),Jennski  (29-07-2015),JoJoD  (28-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (26-07-2015),KLM0511  (26-07-2015),KMP  (26-07-2015),Lisaxxx  (27-07-2015),mardicharli  (26-07-2015),Sunnygirl04  (26-07-2015),TannyMac  (26-07-2015),wazbub  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Patsy73!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (27-07-2015)