+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love reading everyone's responses.

I looove going all out fot everyone else's bday.. just dont feel the same enthusiasm for my own :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell yeah I do! Why not?! My friends & family mean the world to me, any excuse to get the lot of us together for some fun. The night doesn't even really end up being about me, just a fun night for everyone. DD stays with my parents, I put a big open invite on FB to say it's my birthday and I'll be at this pub/bar from this time to that time, come have a drink & a dance. Usually my family will do lunch or something too as there are a lot of birthdays in close succession after mine. It's a great time!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no interest in my birthday, but will "celebrate" it for the sake of the kids, as they love birthdays. Anyones birthday. So we will get a cake and sing happy birthday and they will get me some token present because it excites them to give it to me. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't bother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Usually it's celebrated in some way. I'm happy with low key celebrations like going out to lunch or dinner. I've had parties for milestone birthdays in the past, but don't make a big deal of it otherwise.

My brother's birthday is 2 days before mine, so sometimes we'll have a joint celebration.

I don't feel like I've really gotten to do what I wanted to for the last few birthdays, so this year I think I'll plan ahead and do something that's 100% what I want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes- but it is a combined birthday with H (mine is 5 days after his).
    We have it at PILs with the kids, and to be honest, it's more his day than mine as I still have to help make lunch, tidy up, and wrangle the kids.
    I do get presents though

ETA: this year I am organising a high tea in the city with my aunt and a few females I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD's birthday is the day after mine, so these days mine is usually spent making her a fancy pants cake or up late at night wrapping her presents. We do try and have some kind of celebration, whether it's a cake or a nice dinner or something, low key if it's not a milestone birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do.
    My birthday is in August. Not sure what we're doing but I THINK we are going into the city (Melbourne) to the Eureka skydeck.
    Last year I got my hair cut and coloured so wouldn't mind doing that again..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally yes, even if it's something low key like DH taking the day off work and making sure I don't lift a finger. He actually did that this year, but took 2 days off so I was well spoiled. I've had big parties in the past, the last was my 30th which was a huge night. I plan on a party for my 40th as well. Sometimes we go out for dinner or family will come up for a meal. Same with DH's birthdays as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I intend to celebrate every year, but last year I had an 8 week old so what I did plan on the weekend ended very early and I didn't have much fun. The actual day of my birthday I had to go to centrelink and I spent majority of the day alone and sad.

This year I made plans with friends to go out for drinks and never got around to it, the actual day once again I spent by myself, I think I took myself and Dd shopping but I wasn't very enthused.

I regularly catch up with friends so I don't know why I end up alone every birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was my 40th last week. I am having a party in a few weeks. I don't usually do parties, I usually have a night out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

DT75  (21-07-2015)