+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have dinner & cake with family for birthdays, its generally low key for Hubby & Myself but still something to acknowledge the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My partner and I have a tradition of cooking a 3 course meal for each other on birthdays. We love it. I've had some amazing steaks and cheesecakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hate my birthday! always feel a lot of pressure to "enjoy" the day even though it's the same as any other. I have people making a big deal out of it/buying me presents, but then I feel a twinge of disappointment if someone doesn't make an effort. I generally do not enjoy it and wake up feeling very relieved the next day.

did nothing this year, I'm right in the middle of winter so hard to do anything can fun/outdoorsy.

I don't really get the big deal about birthdays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No don't celebrate. It's always just pretty much another day in the grand scheme of things.

We celebrate the kids birthdays though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually lay low for the actual day but I have coffee dates with the girls leading up to it, DH and DS make me a card or buy one together and get a new rose for the garden, I cook something I really like for dinner, and I buy myself a present (something I actually want! Not that roses for the garden are bad, I just like a little something special).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I try to do something nice. This year I was home with both the kiddies so we went out to one of my favourite cafes and had a ridiculous cake and coffee and then went out for dinner. If I'm working I usually get showered in cake from friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hell yes!!

It's a birthday fortnight where I cook or get my favourite meals made, catch up for coffee with long lost friends, big bday dinner that dh is responsible for, go out to dinner with my girlfriends and make so much noise at work about it there is usually a morning tea

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    It's my birthday today I always celebrate with a cake with family, a night out with DP and dinner out with my girlfriends. For big birthdays I'll always do something bigger as well.
    Happy birthday for yesterday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    For my birthday last week my partner took me out for dinner and to see a theatre show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    One year dd2 asked for potato done 5 ways.
    That meal sounds amazing!

I don't celebrate, I don't see birthdays as being any reason to do so. The date just happens to be the same as the date one was born, I think that's a fairly arbitrary reason to celebrate and would rather save our excitement and cake for "real" achievements. My poor children, right?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2015)