+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have cake and caramel tart (I don't eat cake) for breakfast. That it.
    Same for dh. Although I do make him a special dinner.

The kids get cake for breakfast and presents in mums bed than they get to pick what we have for dinner. Even something crazy. One year dd2 asked for potato done 5 ways.
    Than some years they get a party other years it do something special with one friend.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 19-07-2015 at 20:32.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    It's my birthday today I always celebrate with a cake with family, a night out with DP and dinner out with my girlfriends. For big birthdays I'll always do something bigger as well.
    Happy Birthday

Its my birthday on Wednesday. Usually my family comes over for dinner (or we go out) and celebrate somehow.

DD makes me a present and card. DH sometimes gives me a present, sometimes not much .. depends on if he sees something. (Some years its a box of chocolate, some years its something expensive like last year was a saphire bracelet)

Between everyone they make me feel loved ... which is nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't celebrate anniversaries, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Fathers Day etc. DH works fifo and they always seem to fall when he's away. I always give dd6 money for the school stalls but it just never feels the same buying yourself a present because DH is badly organized and I control the finances aka budget.

That being said my birthday is the only event in a year where I expect he gets his act together. Traditionally breakfast in bed, presents and then cake for dessert at night. If it's a weekend than we go to a family friendly decent restaurant - if it's a week night than DH has to organize dinner... All family call but I deactivate fb for the week because I can't stand the messages from people who only know because it's on Facebook...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually dinner and a cake, very low key

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not much. Just spend some time with dh and now DS, maybe have dinner out or a nice home cooked meal, a cake if dh remembers. Also lunch or dinner with mum. Always a gift though from dh and mum. I don't like doing get togethers/parties with friends every year, I've only had parties for my 18th and 21st (couldn't be bothered with my 30th). I prefer low key. It gets a bit much attending a million parties every year (especially with so many kids now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We normally have a family dinner and cake on the day. Throughout my birthday week, I meet girlfriends for coffee and cake or lunches. My close girlfriends and I always go out dancing with cocktails. Always very spoilt by DH and my two DS.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Nope.

Dh and my birthdays are very close so we go out for a meal jointly. I always view it as going out for his birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Always. DH's birthday is 5 days before mine. We usually have a combined party for 'significant birthdays' and have own cake, presents etc on the actual day.

This year is the big 40, so probably a party at home one weekend, and then we are planning a family get together down south as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing really this year. Dh forgot but he was really busy with some things we had on. Ds was upset at the end of day when he realised it was my bday and nobody sang me happy bday song lol so he did before falling asleep..that was so cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Happy bday FL.

Usually dinner or lunch. Plus whatever I choose etc massage or gift. It's usually birthday week here too as I go 'it's my birthday' 😁