+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How on earth did the friend get a copy of one of the pics? That's disgusting if she's participating in sharing the photos around.

Honestly, if I found out that my child's teacher took cocaine and other drugs I would be very concerned. But that's one of the reasons teacher's personal lives should not be gossip fodder and shared around the parent body. Because when people know they're bound to have an opinion on it and no good will come of that. Their private lives should stay private and I don't want to know. I really don't. Its not something I can control, and its not my business, and no good can come of delving into personal lives like this.

If someone tried to tell me inappropriate things about a teacher at our school I'd stick my fingers in my ears and go la-la-la. I want to stick with blissful ignorance thanks.

And more seriously, I'd tell them to pull their head in and stop spreading gossip. It taints the person spreading it as well as the person being gossiped about.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (20-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (20-07-2015),Moxy  (20-07-2015),VicPark  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually dont think its anyones business what a teacher does in their own time. Unless shes coming to work high or showing the kids nude pics then its no ones business.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post

Drugs though? No way. It's illegal and I wouldn't want to leave my child in the care of a criminal.

Taking recreational drugs does not a criminal make.

Same as doing 10km over in your car doesn't make you a criminal.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (20-07-2015),DarcyJ  (20-07-2015),DizzyDaisy  (20-07-2015),Moxy  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yes I personally feel it's wrong. How can someone stand there and educated about safe sex, safe SMS and all that if they wouldn't be doing it themselves? I hope I'm making sense now I wouldn't, and don't send mms because I think of the IFS. What if DH and I broke up and he showed someone out of spite.
    Because she is an adult, sending a picture to another adult.

Completely different to teaching adolescents about sex and sex pictures.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (20-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2015),Moxy  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Taking recreational drugs does not a criminal make.

Same as doing 10km over in your car doesn't make you a criminal.
    If you get charged with drug possession/use you will get a criminal record. If you do 10km over in your car, you don't. It's not really the same.

I don't associate with people who take illegal drugs and I wouldn't want my child to either. That's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you get charged with drug possession/use you will get a criminal record. If you do 10km over in your car, you don't. It's not really the same.

I don't associate with people who take illegal drugs and I wouldn't want my child to either. That's just my opinion.
    well statistically you already do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think the point was more that taking recreational drugs doesn't mean that someone can't be a good person who can do their job well and have a functioning moral compass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think teachers are entitled to a private life.

However, if they are going to be stupid and regularly get drunk, take drugs or send nude photos to random hookups... well I don't want my child being taught by them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only thing that bothers me about this whole scenario is the low life who wants to send the pics to the Principal, that is such a low act and will they really feel that justified and good once they've done that to her?

My sentiments are with the majority here.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (20-07-2015),Moxy  (20-07-2015),MrsBid  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I think teachers are entitled to a private life.

However, if they are going to be stupid and regularly get drunk, take drugs or send nude photos to random hookups... well I don't want my child being taught by them.
    But why does it matter what they do in the time that they're not teaching your kids? Unless they're flaunting their lifestyle or promoting it to the children, I really struggle to understand this mindset. Teachers are human, they're not perfect and nor should they be held up to be. If it doesn't impact how they work, why does it matter? I find it really bizarre that it is expected that they are all to never get drunk, never take drugs, never have sex lives that don't fit the "good girl" image. Some people are like that, fine. Some aren't. So they should get out of the profession because their private lives don't fit this ideal that some people have?

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

delirium  (20-07-2015),DizzyDaisy  (20-07-2015),harvs  (20-07-2015),lolly007  (20-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-07-2015)