+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yes but she was also asking if it would bother others too (teachers personal lives).
    Oh absolutely - Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just thought the reasoning behind it didn't make sense. It bothers me when medical staff smoke outside the hospital so - because I have to walk through it. If they smoked at home though it wouldn't bother me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I personally feel it's wrong. How can someone stand there and educated about safe sex, safe SMS and all that if they wouldn't be doing it themselves? I hope I'm making sense now I wouldn't, and don't send mms because I think of the IFS. What if DH and I broke up and he showed someone out of spite.
    Guess that counts me out from teaching my kids about safe s$x then!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-07-2015),Frankenmum  (19-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wouldn't bother me at all - what she does in her own time is her business. Obviously if she was drug affected on the job that's a big no no. Agree with all the others - the guy who has forwarded the pics is a total a-hole!

I do think it was a lapse of judgment on her part to send naked pics to a virtual stranger (we've all heard the stories of these scenarios going terribly wrong- and once it's out there there's no getting it back), but he is the one in the wrong here for doing something so low and despicable as sharing the pics.
    Even if she doesn't get fired, I don't know how the poor woman is going to be able to show her face at work - I know if my boss had seen a raunchy naked photo of me I would be so utterly mortified that I don't think I could keep working there.

I really hope OP's friend reconsiders before ruining someone's life over something that is none of her, or the school's, business.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Does your child's teachers personal life matter?

Just to clarify she's a friend of one of my friends so not a close friend of mine!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Mate I think it's time to have that public shandy 😂
    Take it easy!

*starts with a liqueur chocolate*

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-07-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I personally feel it's wrong. How can someone stand there and educated about safe sex, safe SMS and all that if they wouldn't be doing it themselves? I hope I'm making sense now I wouldn't, and don't send mms because I think of the IFS. What if DH and I broke up and he showed someone out of spite.
    I have had unprotected sex with one night stands, I have gotten so drunk I didn't know where I was, I have taken drugs, I've had speeding fines. Do I know that behavior was stupid and increased my chances of being in a dangerous position? Of course I do. Does having done those things preclude me from teaching my children about safe sex, responsible drinking, how to drive, how to manage situations where you're exposed to drugs? Of course not! It is entirely possible to teach things without practising them. It's hypocritical but absolutely doable.

Regardless though, she's a teacher doing things in her private time, away from work, not in front of students. Expecting teachers to be paragons of virtue 24/7 simply because of their profession is unrealistic and unfair.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-07-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (20-07-2015),Lincolns mummy  (19-07-2015),lolly007  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Does your child's teachers personal life matter?

I wonder if your friend is as hard on her male ******** friends as this female teacher.
    Last edited by VicPark; 20-07-2015 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I care not for the personal lives of my children's teachers. So long as they are educated, kind, caring, clean and sober whilst teaching. Then I'm happy.

Teachers are allowed to have personal lives just like the rest of us. So long as their private and professional lives are kept separate, I have no effs to give

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To clarify, of course if there is any hard evidence of dangerous or illegal activity going on in said teacher's private life, then naturally you would take the appropriate action. But hard evidence, not gossip.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I haven't read any other responses other than the first few but I sort of out teachers on a pedestal. There are some brilliant ones out there and some really terrible ones.

Dd1 has had both. Her best teacher ever has been known to post risque photos of herself on Facebook pole dancing, half naked etc She also showed off her new tattoos proudly and even gave quite a few parents a peek of her new boobs she bought in Thailand. At school too. But as far as her teaching time goes, she has earned the respect of everyone around her. Her teaching ability is tremendously brilliant. She treated the kids as equals and had their respect too. She got kids excited to learn.

Another teacher, rumored to be great, had a mental breakdown that saw her absent for most of the year.

Another teacher was so bad she caused everyone in dd1 class to essentially lose a whole years worth of knowledge. (She lost her job)

Another teacher should have given up teaching 5 years ago because she has become jaded, mean and resentful of everyone.

I realise teachers are people too. They have their own lives outside of school. Yes they are role models but they are so allowed to party and have some fun with other people. The drugs, well.. That's going to end up costing her her job one day if she doesn't wise up to her role model standing.

The person passing around the photos though, that's a low act.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

amyd  (20-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (20-07-2015),Secretly Hoping  (21-07-2015)