+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I

What anyone does in their private time is not an indication of their professional capacity
    If someone takes illegal drugs I believe it is an indicator or their state of mind and lack of judgement. Which may not be a problem professionally for them on 350/365 days of the year. If I had to have surgery I sure as hell would want to put dibs in to have a surgeon who was able to enjoy themselves and cope with life's pressures without the use of illegal drugs. If my situation went pear shaped I would want a clear stable mind helping me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For all we know she took drugs one night on one night out-and even thats hearsay.

Its not like shes rocking up to work with a needle hanging out of her arm. Of course illegal drugs are not good for anyone, but there is also a level of drug taking (which im going to bravely say) is relatively harmless to anyone but yourself.

Taking something once on a weekend here and there is not going to affect her job. Its no ones business and the busy body going to dob her in should be ashamed for pandering to slanderous gossip! For all we know the poor woman has never touched a drug in her life, and now theres a whole thread about it! Lol

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

babyla  (21-07-2015),BettyW  (21-07-2015),delirium  (21-07-2015),harvs  (21-07-2015),Moxy  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I replied to this thread earlier I assumed the illegal drug taking was hearsay and without proof that's all it is. Nasty gossip.

If she is ACTUALLY taking illegal drugs, then no. I would not be ok with that at all. I am 100% not ok with illegal drug use, whatsoever.

In saying that I still stand by my last post where I think if she really was out of control, it would show at work and she wouldn't be long in the position anyway. No need for an outsider to gossip and make up stories. People need to mind their own business.
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 21-07-2015 at 08:26.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-07-2015),Oblena  (21-07-2015),VicPark  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I've just come into this thread and have only read the OP and the last 10 posts and yep I'm amazed too! So much for all that education growing up, must not have sunk in for some!

ETA to answer the OP, I wouldn't care about the hook up, how much sex someone has doesn't have any bearing on their ability to teach (though some might argue that more sex makes her a happier teacher!). I would be concerned about her drug use though, but wouldn't report it to the school unless I was seeing negative things in my own child which may be a result / consequence of poor teaching.
    I meant to quote not thank. It's possible to be educated about drugs and still make the decision to take them. Much the same as it's possible to be educated about smoking, drinking to excess and speeding, but people still make the decision to do those things. To imply that people are perhaps ill educated or a bit thick is unfair and inaccurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Of course illegal drugs are not good for anyone, but there is also a level of drug taking (which im going to bravely say) is relatively harmless to anyone but yourself.

Taking something once on a weekend here and there is not going to affect her job.
    This is exactly my point. There's a huge difference between a recreational drug user and someone who's buying a gram of coke and 5 pills every weekend. A huge difference. I've known both and been the former. My idea of recreational use was once every three months or so when I lived in London and twice in two years when I came home.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Maybe you just don't have visibility of the ****ty aspects of their lives. I don't believe a healthy happy person takes illegal drugs. Just because they might wear a suit and have a job it doesn't mean it's all rainbows and unicorns. I would go as far as saying your friends are lacking in the judgement department. I couldn't be friends with someone on cocaine and I sure as hell wouldn't have them around my kids, even when they are supposedly sober (not saying you do .. Just hypothesising).
    Believe it or not, some people take them because they just want to. Because it's fun. And I can say that because that's exactly the reason I took them. I wasn't depressed or living a crappy life. I was young, no responsibilities aside from my job (which I held down and excelled at) and liked to party. I knew exactly what the risks were. Same as I know what the risks are with smoking, which I've also done on occasion and drinking to excess.

And what do you mean by "supposedly sober"? She's clearly not drug affected when she's turning up to work or she wouldn't have a job. It's obvious when someone is drug affected, I've worked with people who have rocked up to work drug affected. If she had a couple of lines on a Friday night, rest assured she's completely sober by Saturday. It's about how much one takes, absolutely. But I'd be hoping that if there's any sign whatsoever that she's drug affected, as with anyone in a position of care, that she's booted out the door. I don't want my kids taught by someone who's still buzzing from the weekend. I'm lax in my attitude towards drugs, yes, but not that lax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If someone takes illegal drugs I believe it is an indicator or their state of mind and lack of judgement. Which may not be a problem professionally for them on 350/365 days of the year. If I had to have surgery I sure as hell would want to put dibs in to have a surgeon who was able to enjoy themselves and cope with life's pressures without the use of illegal drugs. If my situation went pear shaped I would want a clear stable mind helping me.
    Well.... Make sure you ask your doc next time about their private lives.

My best friend was a transplant surgeon and prior to that was clean in respect to drugs. During her stint she was amazed at the numbers of surgeons and other medical professionals that would abuse prescription and illegal drugs in order to stay awake for their 12-24hr shifts.

I can list at least 8-10 doctors I went to uni with who frequently dabble in substances. Never mind the ones I don't know. Doesnt mean they are fabulous doctors on the clock. Just means their private life is theirs.

I'm not condoning their behaviour just saying it's a fact.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe you just don't have visibility of the ****ty aspects of their lives. I don't believe a healthy happy person takes illegal drugs. Just because they might wear a suit and have a job it doesn't mean it's all rainbows and unicorns. I would go as far as saying your friends are lacking in the judgement department. I couldn't be friends with someone on cocaine and I sure as hell wouldn't have them around my kids, even when they are supposedly sober (not saying you do .. Just hypothesising).
    That's fine, I know them and their life very well. I don't believe anyone life is all rainbows and unicorns anyway.
    You just have to read BH to know that ;-)

But cocaine to me is as bad as alcohol. I wouldn't want my kids around drunk people either I give you that.

I'm just saying that people that takes recreational drugs are as bad as people drinking recreational wine.
    They're not junkies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also of the opinion people should mind their own business. Unless you are effecting/harming other people, what you do in your private life is your own business. God if we were privy to everyone's private lives I do believe a lot of you would get a big shock.

Besides the fact that this is all just hearsay, which could potentially cost this woman her career. Showing the principal a nude picture of her that some guy couldn't keep to himself is just awful in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with most that unless it's impacting her ability to teach, then it shouldn't matter. Of course, that is assuming she shows some discretion and isn't snorting coke in the loo at the local hotel or where students and their families could see her. (But that goes for anyone.)

Everyone is entitled to a private life and shame on this friend for her holier than thou attitude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to see that in 2015 you still have to be a delinquent degenerate with something wrong in life to chose to do recreational drugs

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (21-07-2015)