+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I think teachers are entitled to a private life.

However, if they are going to be stupid and regularly get drunk, take drugs or send nude photos to random hookups... well I don't want my child being taught by them.
    That made me giggle a bit ... Sorry off topic but you'll find LOTS of teachers regularly booze up. In fact they'd probably be chuffed if you have them a bottle of red as an end of year gift

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    That made me giggle a bit ... Sorry off topic but you'll find LOTS of teachers regularly booze up. In fact they'd probably be chuffed if you have them a bottle of red as an end of year gift
    I mean daily, and smell like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What teachers do in their own time in their business. It is not like she is coming to school under the influence.

As for the nude photos that is her business. If she gets sprung and the kids find out well it is a great learning example for my children of why they shouldn't send nude pictures!

I love drinking with my teacher friends
    Last edited by PomPoms; 20-07-2015 at 13:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I mean daily, and smell like it.
    There was no suggestion this person drinks daily and smells like it.

ANYONE who is drinking so much daily they are turning up to work smelling like booze is not doing the right thing by themselves, their clients or their employer.

Letting loose on the weekend is so not the same thing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if anyone would care if this woman was a man. Would her friends be spreading vicious rumours and condemning her for a nudey photo? or is it just another case of sl*t shaming and how dare she not behave like a lady.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

DT75  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    There's a pretty big space in between the OP, where she is getting on it out of hours in her own time, and turning up to work substance affected. I'm pretty sure every single person in this thread would agree the latter is completely not on and should be reported.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have school aged children yet, but no, a teacher's personal life doesn't really matter to me. What she does in her own time is not relevant to me unless it impacts on her ability to teach my children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    well statistically you already do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Well, maybe I should have said I don't knowingly/willingly associate with people who take drugs. I've seen what they can do to people first hand (not just when you're high either) and I've tried a few myself. Not the same for everyone I'm sure but it's easy to get sucked in and have one night a week turn into a lifestyle.

These things are illegal for a reason and I don't think you can argue that a person who breaks the law for the sake of a night of fun has the right 'moral compass' (as someone else put it) to be teaching children.

Just my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    Well, maybe I should have said I don't knowingly/willingly associate with people who take drugs. I've seen what they can do to people first hand (not just when you're high either) and I've tried a few myself. Not the same for everyone I'm sure but it's easy to get sucked in and have one night a week turn into a lifestyle.

These things are illegal for a reason and I don't think you can argue that a person who breaks the law for the sake of a night of fun has the right 'moral compass' (as someone else put it) to be teaching children.

Just my opinion.
    Yet you and I have tried them and have enough of a moral compass to raise kids. As I also said, she's following a curriculum, not teaching life skills, that's our job as parents. A line of coke every now and then is hardly the making of a delinquent who is incapable of being a teacher. And in this instance, we don't even know if it's a regular occurrence.

I accept that I have a fairly liberal view on recreational drug use which is why I don't see why this teacher should be shamed by a parent who has heard things through the grapevine. But regardless of my view on drugs, I maintain that every single person has the right to a private life away from work and what people do is no one else's business (as long as they're not hurting anyone else).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Taking recreational drugs does not a criminal make.

Same as doing 10km over in your car doesn't make you a criminal.
    Maybe not ... but if it doesn't make a criminal it at least makes you someone that other may look down on for lacking self control and a respect for the law