+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Preschool/school private question

I just got a list of fees for the schools I want to send kids too.

I just want to know how much you spend roughly on top of the fees. Eg excursions, laptops.. Things like that. Say for instance camps.

ETA $9k per year for each child roughly. Is this about average? (Private) public can comment too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on the school.

At our school (private) you pay your fees and then all excursions, camps, and some extra curricula's are free. For laptops its bring your own device from grade 5. No laptops or iPads before then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS starts school next year and the fees include everything - all sports coaching and music lessons, stationary, IPads, books and all excursions and camps except the overseas ones ( which don't start until 6th class) - all the private schools we looked at were the same

Sydney private schools for kindy are minimum $9k plus depending on the school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok thanks we are going to the open days and will go from there I will write down what you listed @Elijahsmum because that's great I will ask if any offer that!

I am anxious because most of them want a registration fee and I can't afford that for four schools right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Preschool/school private question

It's quite daunting! Just get all the info on the ones you really like and Id pick the best one and put your application in for that one - we knew the school we wanted for DS ( my brother went there) but we still looked at the others just in case - it's even better if you know or can talk to parents whose kids are currently at the school

We put our application in when DS was 1 and we just had the interview in April and he was accepted ! Exciting but sad at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Which schools are you looking at @monnie24?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It's quite daunting! Just get all the info on the ones you really like and Id pick the best one and put your application in for that one - we knew the school we wanted for DS ( my brother went there) but we still looked at the others just in case - it's even better if you know or can talk to parents whose kids are currently at the school

We put our application in when DS was 1 and we just had the interview in April and he was accepted ! Exciting but sad at the same time!
    I don't have any friends in school yet 😳 but my MIL is a teacher at 'leading' all girls school in the city and DD won't be going there 😜 I ask her questions all the time I will ask her along to the open days too.
    @A-Squared if we are down our way it will be tatachilla or southern Montessori. If we move then it will be st aloysious and cbc. We both want kids to learn mandarin so that's helping us narrow something's down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I currently pay just over 12K (for 4 kids, it capped after 2 children) in fees. Camps around 2k, excursions around 200, than bring you own device for high school. Music ×2 is 1k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't pay any extra on top of our fees for anything (except uniforms and book lists of course). We pay $15000 for 3 in Primary School, all inclusive (South of Brisbane)
    Last edited by Beljane; 19-07-2015 at 14:14.