+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It does sound like he's suffering depression or something like that and doesn't know how to deal with it. However, he's also not accepting that his behaviour needs to change and he may need help.

I think that getting out, even just for a short period of time, is the only thing you can do. Poor you and poor little DS

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Resentful of DP

Feels like a crappy situation to be in and I don't think this excuses his behaviour but it sounds like he needs to speak to a GP and get a referral for a psychologist. It also sounds like you may have suggested this and men being men has rejected the idea. If he is unwilling to help himself then there is not much you can do for him. Sorry OP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he has moved on to drinking alone then I think it's gone past you talking it over. You need to tell him. Its either your family and he gets help or your out. It has to be that simple or he wont get the hint.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-07-2015),Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    If he has moved on to drinking alone then I think it's gone past you talking it over. You need to tell him. Its either your family and he gets help or your out. It has to be that simple or he wont get the hint.
    This!

Even if it means actually moving out if he says he won't seek help, you can always move back if he gets the hint and starts making great strides to sort himself out.

Did you tell him how you feel like shut when he talks to you like that? Did he apologise at least?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    He's stressed about finances yet he has had opportunities to take FT work and hasn't done so. He seems quite unstable OP, I would be packing up a few bags for you and bub and getting the hell of there. To be fair there may be issues of depression there, but if he refuses to seek any kind of help nothing is going to change.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (19-07-2015),Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. if it's depression, then he needs outside help and his refusal to get it just says to me he's quite comfortable to continue behaving like a man-child while you run around doing everything.

his mum should also tell him to pull his socks up and start behaving like a man and taking care of his family.

if it was me, I'd be seriously planning to leave.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (19-07-2015),Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to him this morning gave him contacts for depression and men dealing with depression he laughed in my face. He actually said he feels great this morning because he's had the best sleep ever due to the 6 pack he drank last night. What a c***.
    I calmy and respectfully told him how I felt and what I would like our next steps to be if he is interested in staying with us. He doesn't like what I've asked of him and would obviously rather us leave than him to step into a role where he is a part of the family. I think it's time for us to go. I am so angry at him for being such a disrespectful man. He is extremely selfish (of which I have always known) and I won't accept his abuse any longer. Thank you to everyone who has replied I really appreciate every single reply.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anonanon15 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (19-07-2015),CakeyMumma  (19-07-2015),Chooky79  (19-07-2015),Cue  (19-07-2015),elkaroo  (20-07-2015),KitiK  (19-07-2015),Nemmi1987  (19-07-2015),Sookie Stackedhouse  (19-07-2015),Spotdog  (19-07-2015),Wise Enough  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Resentful of DP

all the best with your next steps. be brave and remember, bub hub girls are always here for support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry he was being a d!ck about it. I think you truly know where he sits right now on matters. I'd be leaving and letting him know you plan to do so.

If he still doesn't figure out how serious you are, you're better off without him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck. Hopefully your moving out kicks his nasty ar$e into gear and makes him realise what a tool he has been. If it doesnt, in the long run you and your DS will have a much happier life without his constant negativity.