+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think you and your son deserve so much better here.

I would get out of this toxic relationship and go and stay with your parents. Whilst the daycare situation would be annoying at this time, at least if you stayed with your mum and dad, you could look for care options that are more convenient.
    I agree with this.

You poor thing!!! it's not nice to be treated like that by anyone. If my DH told me to duck off, he would be on his first and final warning.

He's not working, not looking after his son, doesn't want to spend time with either of you and speaks to you with such disrespect. That's not a relationship.

I would seriously consider moving to your parents place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hun, a half to one hr drive is a dream compared to living with this crap. You deserve better and so does your ds. This is not a "man", this is a child. a real man would take responsibility and help you not let you break your neck doing everything and yet still criticises you. Id leave 100% for sure. You will be fine as you're already doing everything anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    You will be fine as you're already doing everything anyway.
    Yes, and with less mess and cooking associated with tending to Man-Child.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (19-07-2015),Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would leave. No way would I be with someone who spoke to me that way. The fact that he does nothing for your son either is the icing on the cake. Get out ASAP. It will only get worse.

AS far as daycare goes, I would deal with the long commute for now but put his name down with some places closer to your parent's place. I'd also take your DH off the list of people who are allowed to pick your son up from daycare, because he sounds like the kind of ******* who would try to get back at you somehow.

Also, because I'm a total ***** to people who disrespect me, I'd probably destroy his PlayStation before I left (not really but it's a nice thought )

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (18-07-2015),Skyler  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sick just reading this He sounds completely disrespectful and we all deserve much, much more than.

Best of luck with your decisions Hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    He sounds like he is on drugs with the complete change in attitude and his behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear DP is being an ****. The sudden (relative) and uncharacteristic change in behaviors to me says he needs some outside help. You can't make him do this, but hopefully he will with time. For now, I think I would step away and keep your life on the right track.

Do your parents work? Could one of them help with daycare commutes for the two days a week if you lived with them in the short term? I am sure them are worried about you and will help make it work. It also sounds like you are on good terms with DPs parents, so I would chat with them and try and leave on amicable terms. Big hugs x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emi36 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear DP is being an ****. The sudden (relative) and uncharacteristic change in behaviors to me says he needs some outside help. You can't make him do this, but hopefully he will with time. For now, I think I would step away and keep your life on the right track.

Do your parents work? Could one of them help with daycare commutes for the two days a week if you lived with them in the short term? I am sure them are worried about you and will help make it work. It also sounds like you are on good terms with DPs parents, so I would chat with them and try and leave on amicable terms. Big hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ended up staying at home last night DS fell asleep early and because he was sick obviously there was no way I was moving him to leave.
    Had a mini chat with OH (which is what I'll refer to him thanks PP!) and he said he is feeling very "stressed" right now. But he couldn't tell me why except that he doesn't sleep well because he's in bed with a baby that kicks him, his partner (me) leaves the kitchen with dirty dishes, his finances aren't looking the best and he's still struggling to cope with his parents divorce. I didn't really have anything to say to this because he doesn't want to seek outside help and it took close to half an hour to get that out of him. I went to bed and woke up this morning to some wacky Facebook status from him. He obviously walked down to the local bottle shop and bought a case because according to one Facebook status he was on his 5th beer and we don't keep beer in the house (because he has no self control). So what a way to deal with his problems hey. I have no issues with him when he is drunk because he turns into a lovely person but I can't obviously expect him to be drunk all the time hehe.
    You have given me courage to seriously make plans to leave but I need to make sure there is nothing we can sort out at the moment before I pack up DS life. Let's see how today goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like a very unhealthy relationship. I'd personally move out and get on with your life with your child. He sounds like he may be suffering depression of some sort. Maybe the 13 hour days he was doing made him burn out and now he's going through some sort of phase. He needs to see a counsellor or psychologist of some sort. Apart from that, if he won't get help then either you have to put up with it or leave.

I'm sorry he's turned into such a tool

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-07-2015)