+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default bicornuate uterus

I have a bicornuate uterus and was wondering woman who have had baby with this condition
    1. Did u have trouble conceiving?
    2. Did u carry full term?
    3. Did u have a natural birth or c section?
    4. Anything else I should no about?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a biocornuate uterus, so I hope you don't mind my jumping in and answering, but a cousin of mine does and she had no trouble conceiving, carried to full term for both her babies, and had natural births. She was nervous when it was discovered, but has been very relieved as it hasn't caused her any difficulties.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

looking for awnswers  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a bicornuate uterus. We had fertility treatment to conceive our ds, but I also have pcos. I carried to 38 weeks and labored naturally but had an emergency CS. My placenta started coming away early which is a risk with a bicornuate uterus. I now have a happy, healthy, boisterous 16 month old ds

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes I have one

1. Did u have trouble conceiving?

Yes, but it had nothing to do with my uterus at all

2. Did u carry full term?

Yes. All 3 of mine were delivered at 38 weeks

3. Did u have a natural birth or c section?

All c/s due to breech. This is one of the biggest complications - malposition. Very high rates of breech and posterior.

4. Anything else I should no about?

It all really depends how bad the septum comes down as to how many issues you have. I also found it difficult to carry large babies due to the shape of the uterus. My last child was big and I was in pre labour for weeks bc my body was quite literally trying to get him out bc he was so jammed in there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've got one too. It's scary when you first get told you've got one as I found so much different info out there. I've just had a baby 3 weeks ago.

Yes it was difficult for us to conceive (took us 4 years & IVF). I also have endo & pcos though.

I got to 36 + 4 & baby was on the small side, however I also had very high blood pressure which can also make babies small. I had to deliver a few weeks early due to pre-eclampsia so not due to anything to do with bicornuate uterus. I ended up with an elective c-section but I choose to give birth that way.

My doctor told me it's different for everyone but in a lot of people it causes baby to be breach & doesn't cause a lot of other issues. They did regular scans to keep an eye on growth of baby too.

Was your doctor able to give you much info on it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi.. I don't but my good friend has one. Two natural conceptions carried to term. Only issue was she had to have C sections for both. Hope that helps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll also reply again to add that my son was head down from 24 weeks so we didn't have the breech issue. My septum almost divides my uterus in half and he lodged in the right horn, I was effectively carrying to one side my whole pregnancy which raised a lot of questions from strangers lol

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Hi, I've got one too. It's scary when you first get told you've got one as I found so much different info out there. I've just had a baby 3 weeks ago.

Yes it was difficult for us to conceive (took us 4 years & IVF). I also have endo & pcos though.

I got to 36 + 4 & baby was on the small side, however I also had very high blood pressure which can also make babies small. I had to deliver a few weeks early due to pre-eclampsia so not due to anything to do with bicornuate uterus. I ended up with an elective c-section but I choose to give birth that way.

My doctor told me it's different for everyone but in a lot of people it causes baby to be breach & doesn't cause a lot of other issues. They did regular scans to keep an eye on growth of baby too.

Was your doctor able to give you much info on it?
    Hi, they didn't give me much info on it but she did say that when I have a baby a c- section would be likely and that they normally keep a closer eye on things.
    I was also told (not by doctor) that u have a lot higher chance of mis-carriage. But hearing these story's it's good to no that there are lots of happy story's too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum had this issue I think, but had her babies 40 years ago. She had no trouble conceiving, but had lots of miscarriages (10) although maybe there was another issue there. But gave birth to 3 healthy babies, all breech natural births. One was at 34 weeks, the other two at term. All small babies, less than 5 pounds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by looking for awnswers View Post
    Hi, they didn't give me much info on it but she did say that when I have a baby a c- section would be likely and that they normally keep a closer eye on things.
    I was also told (not by doctor) that u have a lot higher chance of mis-carriage. But hearing these story's it's good to no that there are lots of happy story's too
    It was the same when they told me, they didn't give me much info at all & I was left trying to research it myself. They had told me the same thing too that it can increase chance of miscarriage & also needing a c-section. I've had an early miscarriage before but I don't know if that's what had caused it or not but speaking to others it unfortunately seems like lots of people experience that regardless if they have a bicornuate uterus or not.

At the end of my pregnancy it became a safer option for me & the baby to have a c-section. I don't regret it at all, so I hope that doesn't scare you too much.

From what I've read of other people with it on here, heaps have gotten to full term & had natural births too.

My doctor was really good with it & explained that we will have regular growth scans to monitor baby's growth & placenta function. If I didn't get pre eclampsia I would've gotten to term.

Are you pregnant or looking at becoming pregnant? I know I've found bub hub great to talk to others about their experiences as I didn't know anyone in real life going through the same thing