+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bottle weaning tips

Did you just go cold turkey for night feeds and offer water? I'm at a loss for DS. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following...my 18 month old is in a growth spurt and wants more in his bottle than usual lately...makes weaning hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Following...my 18 month old is in a growth spurt and wants more in his bottle than usual lately...makes weaning hard!
    Same!! We had 5 feeds last night he is sick but OMG. I've watered it down to one scoop the rest water :/ but still hard he just screams without it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Almost 14 month old DS has approximately 600 bottles a day and overnight too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Watering down is a good idea Monnie. I was just trying to reduce the quantity every few weeks by 50ml. I'll give that a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't water it down, as you are still filling them up, you need to get them used to going without, so just reduce the volume till its next to nothing, they need to get used to sleeping with an 'empty' tummy, I've been weaning my 9 month old & she hasn't had a bottle over night for a week, I still have to settle with the dummy but that is getting less & less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I wouldn't water it down, as you are still filling them up, you need to get them used to going without, so just reduce the volume till its next to nothing, they need to get used to sleeping with an 'empty' tummy, I've been weaning my 9 month old & she hasn't had a bottle over night for a week, I still have to settle with the dummy but that is getting less & less.
    Our food psychologist recommended this so I just followed her instructions I'm going to eliminate bottles then eliminate dummy. Good tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Subbing. Almost 14 month old DS has approximately 600 bottles a day and overnight too!
    Like 24 hours after posting this he has started refusing bottles which I'm taking as a win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still sucking at this because we have had tonsilitis then secondary infection ugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you Monnie...we've actually increased the morning bottle by 50ml with all the illness and refusal to eat.... AURGH!