+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Travel WWYD???

I had planned a trip to Singapore this year, but scrapped it for Europe/Lapland santa next year over Christmas. I read someone about lapland and decided to take the kids there to visit Santa before they got to big to "not believe" in santa anymore. I figured it would be more magical them believing still. It would be 4-5 week trip so far I have planned Copenhagen, Finland/lapland, Paris and Turkey.

Just by chance todayI have came across flights for $1700 reture for all of us in October to Singapore the dates I had originally planned.

Do I keep saving for lapland in hope I can raise enough or just scrape Europe altogether (won't be able to do both) and go to Singapore? I have all the money we will need for Singapore but had put is aside for Europe. I don't know??? WWYD?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    for myself I would stretch for the Lapland/ etc. Singapore is a very nice place, but it is quite easy to get there sometime in the future. santas workshop and the other places are really a once in a lifetime trip. marie.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    for myself I would stretch for the Lapland/ etc. Singapore is a very nice place, but it is quite easy to get there sometime in the future. santas workshop and the other places are really a once in a lifetime trip. marie.
    This ^^ is what I was thinking. You can do Singapore down the track as your children won't outgrow that too soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely Europe. Singapore is close enough and very often have cheaper flights. I'd stick with Europe personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stick with Europe. I found Singapore meh. There's always cheap flights to Singapore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Continue scrimping and saving for Lapland. I have been to Rovaniemi (without kids and as an adult) and loved it. They will love Santa's workshop and you can also do reindeer rides and husky rides. You do get outer clothes for the activities but make sure you buy some thermals in sales before you go as you will need that. I also was lucky enough to see the northern lights. I know it is expensive and you feel like you are bleeding money but you won't regret it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another vote for Europe

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    europe if you can afford it

but its REALLY expensive so make sure you save enough