+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default good coverage foundation

I know this likely has been asked before but i really need recommendation for a foundation that has good long term coverage.
    I have alot of sunspots and acne scars... there are afew weddings coming up that i need a foundation that will cover everything up and hopefully last the day .
    I have tried the standard drug store ones- maybelline, rimmer, revlon.. but none have been good
    happy to spend $$$ if its worth it... i was thinking of going to myers or david jones to check the brands there but if i some suggestions handy before that it will be alot of help!!

TIA
    (I have dark olive skin and abit on the oily side)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the Napoleon Sheer Genius. Great coverage but it also feels feathery light. I then use the Models Prefer loose powder over the top if im going out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I love the Napoleon Sheer Genius. Great coverage but it also feels feathery light. I then use the Models Prefer loose powder over the top if im going out.
    thanks alot Bennos mummy!! I forgot to add i have tried napoleon china doll but that got oily sooooo quickly that i didnt bother buying again!
    I friend also mentioned models prefer loose powder as a good one for setting foundations

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been using a MAC foundation for a while now - I think it's called match master, it's a medium coverage which I use for everyday wear. I love it, can't really fault it.
    My skin gets oily too and i wasn't happy with napoleon's china doll, I found I was applying powder constantly throughout the day to blot the shine.
    If you ask for a sample at the MAC counter they should give you a little pot, which actually lasted me a couple of weeks. They also do a similar thing to napoleon where you can get your makeup done and get $80 to spend on products.
    It also lasts forever, I've been using it everyday for months and it's still going strong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use Clarins Skin Illusion foundation. The coverage is amazing, it lasts all day and feels so light on my skin. I then dust over MAC sheer loose powder. BTW MAC mineralize concealer is fantastic to cover bags under the eyes and any spots.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    thanks alot Bennos mummy!! I forgot to add i have tried napoleon china doll but that got oily sooooo quickly that i didnt bother buying again!
    I friend also mentioned models prefer loose powder as a good one for setting foundations
    China Doll is in the twist tube isnt it? I've had that one too (now use as a concealer when going out) and it is heavier than the Sheer genius.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Georgia Armani luminous silk foundation, with the fluid master primer underneath (the primer seriously makes all the difference). It's expensive, but I struggled for years to find a decent foundation and now I can't go back. It's available at David Jones, and I recommend going in store to get it matched.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (16-07-2015),TheGooch  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for your replies!!! now i feel better equiped at which products to try out when i goto david jones !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want a less expensive option, Revlon colourstay in oily/combination is SO good! Great coverage and doesn't get oily/shiny all day even in the t-zone

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    I use Georgia Armani luminous silk foundation, with the fluid master primer underneath (the primer seriously makes all the difference). It's expensive, but I struggled for years to find a decent foundation and now I can't go back. It's available at David Jones, and I recommend going in store to get it matched.
    This one

Or Chanel vitalumiere Aqua or for a more matte coverage try the matte vitalumiere Aqua.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (17-07-2015)