+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I just wanted to add that I'm not saying he shouldn't be there to see his child after he's born on the day and after as I do believe that a child has a right to a meaningful relationship with both parents when/where possible, or else it's the child that ends up missing out (yes, even with a lying, cheating A/Hole like him though I suspect by the behaviour he's been displaying thus far, he's only going to want to see his son when it's convenient for him!!).

I just meant that if you don't want him at the actual birth, perhaps he can see him, for eg, a few hours after he's born or when you feel up to it after you've recovered a little.

If that's the case, it's entirely up to you if you let him know when you go into labour or after the baby's been born, plus the nurses won't let him in to visit you if you tell them you want to know/approve all visitors in advance ok??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 16-07-2015 at 08:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everybody, my head is such a mess at the moment its so nice to read all of the advice and support.

He is currently blasting me about taking him off the hospital paperwork. He needs to wake up to himself, after the way he has treated me what did he expect? Of course i wouldnt be just sitting in the corner nodding and copping it all!

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (17-08-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-07-2015),Chillies  (22-07-2015),Emi36  (17-07-2015),PomPoms  (16-07-2015),Skyler  (16-07-2015),snowqu33n  (16-07-2015),SuperGranny  (16-07-2015),Wise Enough  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    Alright this totally sucks! But what you need right now is a plan. I can't say exactly what that might be but personally I'd be setting things up to make it as difficult as possible for him to see his son. The family court system is totally in favour so use it. You're the "primary carer" and young babies are usually not usually separated from their primary carer when they're infants. Sucks for him. That's probably why he wants to "live under the same roof". Sounds like he's had legal advice (separate but under the same roof is a common term we use). Don't give in to him on that issue.

Also if you want to relocate anywhere even within your state, do it now before the baby is born. Forget about hospitals and whatever because once the baby is born you can't just relocate without his permission. The last thing you want is him trying to keep you living close because of the baby and having to fight him in Court for permission to move. That's the worst trust me. Run now, run fast and run as far as you can!

And get legal advice. It will make you feel better knowing your options and focus on putting a plan in place. Depending on where you're located, there are usually options for free advice.
    This is terrible advice in my opinion. Just because he is an absolute crappy husband doesn't mean he is going to be a crappy dad, taking his child away from him as punishment is definitely not in the best interest of your son, every child deserves to have their father in their life. Encouraging OP to punish her husband by taking his child away from him is just not right. I agree with others in that you should tell him to stick it in regards to living under the same roof and definitely get a plan in place like organizing centre link child support etc but until he proves that he is an irresponsible father and no good for your son denying him access and not allowing him in your child's life is not the way to go. Revolting husbands don't always make revolting fathers.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels4me For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-07-2015),ReecesMum  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are 100% right, he can't expect that - the fact that the does and is angry is blowing my mind.

Where is he living right now? You need distance from him, your 38 weeks, this stress can't be good for you .

It sounds like you know what you need to do - but are just having a hard time coming to terms with it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

ReecesMum  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Oh well Luv..that's tough titties for him isn't it?? He's not your "next of kin" or "main contact person" anymore. Please try not to let that upset you. He'll just have to get over it IMO.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-07-2015),SuperGranny  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent 11 years with my first borns sperm donor, that's what I call him cause that all he is lol. He cheated on me when my son was just over 2 years old. He told me he wasn't in love with me anymore and the relationship was over ages ago but still shared a bed with me 😕. Anyways long story short, my son is now 9 years old and my life has changed dramatically. I now have 2 more beautiful kids to a man who raises my first born like his own.

Look I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy. I suffered depression and anxiety and struggled for 6 months until I realised he wasn't worth crying over anymore cause I didn't want him back anyway. I still had my days after that when I cried but it wasn't over him. It was thinking no one will want me cause I have a disabled son, I can't do this by myself, I don't wanna be alone etc and all them thoughts.

My point is you are not alone and you don't deserve to be treated like that. Surround yourself with your family and friends. Don't let him live with you and try not guilt yourself into thinking it's what's best for your baby. I tried that but it hurt way too much seeing him every day. I know it may seem impossible right now but it will get better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ReecesMum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My life is over.

Omg, he's blasting you for that??

That's right it has nothing to do with him anymore. There is no need for him to go off at you. Your not being spiteful it's just the way it is. Those kinda things don't concern him anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure the DCO social workers or even VVCS will be able to support you through this. Please contact them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default My life is over.

I know that conflict is going to make things harder for you with the way you're feeling at the moment. I wonder if he is thinking you are trying to punish him by using the baby? He needs to understand that the hospital stuff is not about the baby, it's about your wellbeing in the incredible emotionally and physically challenging time about to come. I don't know how he would take it, but maybe you could clarify that you will be open to discussing visitation and things but you need to get through the birth first. Maybe point out to him that although he no longer cares about your wellbeing, your wellbeing is in fact extremely important because your son needs you to be healthy and functional.

Also, how did he know you've taken him off the paperwork? You're not obliged to tell him anything you do from now on - of course you can if you wish, but he doesn't get a right to know the ins and outs of the choices you are making unless you want. You can fob him off about the birth saying you're still deciding what to do, and then just don't tell him until afterwards. If you want to.

Reading between the lines, and I say this not to upset you, it would be good to get yourself in a mindset where you don't rely on him as a father in any way. He could be a beautiful dad, or he could be the dad that is around when he feels like it or changes plans for a better offer (my FOB is all three of these things!). Make your decisions about yourself and your son.

I know contact with him is upsetting you, and I think it would be good to cut contact with him as much as possible. As you work through the stages of grief that might be easier at some times than others. I just want to remind you of this:

He didn't confess, he was caught.

Even so, you forgave him and decided you'd try and make it work.

He couldn't keep to the agreement he made and continued to see her.

HE has been the scumbag here. He is angry at himself and lashing out at you. Even if what he has said to you about his feelings for you is true, he showed you no integrity, compassion or love whatsoever. He was too gutless to have difficult conversations. Now he wants to go through the motions in a fake life with you while doing exactly what he wants. I've been there. There is no loneliness like it.

I won't say he's a bad person because I know you love him, but at the very least he has handled things in an appallingly gutless and hurtful way.

Honestly, if the messages get too much I would just write 'please leave me alone. I need space and your anger and aggression is distressing to me and our son.' You don't have to respond.

Hope you're doing ok.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-07-2015),Chillies  (22-07-2015),Frankenmum  (16-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (16-07-2015),MissMuppet  (16-07-2015),ReecesMum  (16-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-07-2015),Skyler  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This guy is delusional. He should be falling over himself apologising (even if he's not interested in your relationship any more most humans would have some comprehension of just how $hitty and stressful a situation he's put you in) but instead he's being mean and nasty and petty. Jerkhole!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-07-2015)