+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    That sounds like a lot to me. My ds is 20 months and we probably only have about 10 words. I'm not worried at all though, boys are slower and he is coming out with new words quite frequently now. He absolutely refuses to say mummy though and it's not because he can't actually say it (will repeat mama if asked but we just get stunned silence when pointing to me or he just says daddy instead (he knows very well who daddy is, it's also his favourite word). I feel so unloved!!
    I guess I have got caught up in comparing him.. first time parent paranoia. Friends little girl is 8 weeks older & she's pretty chatty. And I can't help but compare parenting, I feel as though I don't really 'chat' or have expansive conversations with DS, more pointing this & that out. I've never been really good with baby talk. I guess I worry I'm repetitive & not doing much to aide his vocabulary. Like everything else though, he seems to be doing just fine.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    As hard as it is try not to compare between kids. They are all SO different! My ds says 30+ words and has 15+ signs at 18 months but physically he is "behind" most other kids his age and didn't walk until 16 months. They all do stuff in their own time.

Talking and reading to them heaps will help though. If you don't know what to say just talk about what you are doing or planning or thinking. Their comprehension will far out pace their number of words.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 13-08-2015 at 13:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (13-08-2015)