+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, hahaha
    I've got house clothes and nice clothes, too.
    I hate wearing my half decent clothes around the house and will get changed as soon as I know I'm not going back out.
    I'm still in fat clothes at the minute though so my outdoor wardrobe is pretty limited for winter. But WHO CARES! Honestly, no one is looking at me.
    Stick my cutie on in her carrier and I'm invisible! hehehe

Oh yeah, and no shame here.
    Save the shame for real things like when my sister sent the kids some chocolate buttons from Ireland and I ate them all.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-07-2015),DT75  (21-07-2015),hopeful1986  (21-07-2015),Moxy  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will admit to not showering on a home Bludge day. But when we were under severe water restrictions I had bird baths for 5/7 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was brought up on a property with tank water, I can easily shower, including wash and condition hair in 3 minutes, it really isn't hard! Now we are on scheme water I relax a little and it's usually 5 minutes, so I have no qualms about wasting water by showering daily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    My husband often stinks - but he actually tells me he doesn't!. He is clueless!

I had a guy I worked with try to convince me that by showering too often we strip the oils in our skin and this makes us smell bad. He would stand there and tell me "see I never smell and it's because I only shower every few days and don't wear deodorant" yet this guy had an odour so powerful you could smell his trail all over the office! It was awful. Intelligent guy, just had this crazy notion...

One of my friends says she never washes her hair with shampoo because the natural oils keep it clean - yet the pungent smell of her head can be smelt if you are with a few feet of her.
    Well, the whole "showering multiple times a day is bad for your skin" thing is actually correct. It does strip your skin of it's natural oils. It's especially bad if you use products with fragrance and/or solvent alcohols in them

It's like how you shouldn't wash your face more than twice a day...it's bad and irritating for your face skin.

As for the not wearing deodorant thing...yeah...no. The smell is made worse if you have underarm hair, too because the bacteria breeds even more and travels down the hair shafts making it extra stinky.

I understand some people not needing to shower every single day if they still feel clean, anyway. But to not wear deodorant I think is taking it too far.

Our bodies can only self clean so much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena89 View Post
    Nup not ashamed here. Some days I shower daily. Some days twice daily. Some days not at all. However we dont wear shoes in house and we always change to inside clothes when we come home amd that clothes gets washed with every shower while our outside clothes gets worn few times until dirty and then gets washed. Anyone else with this routine?
    I grew up poor (overseas) and this was done to save our nice clothes. And I cant stop it. Habit lol

With little kids and babies - they are all changed few times a day and bathed almost daily if we ve been out. But if its a cold rainy day and we stayed in then we skip a bath.
    Yep..we're another family with "good/going out clothes" @ "home clothes"😊

We all get changed as soon as we get home @ don't wear shoes in the house either!!😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Yep..we're another family with "good/going out clothes" @ "home clothes"😊

We all get changed as soon as we get home @ don't wear shoes in the house either!!😁
    I thought everyone had out clothes and, as we call them, comfy clothes?! I'm about to ditch my skirt, stockings and boots for trackies and uggs. I actually start to get crapped off if I can't get changed, I feel like my clothes are suffocating me 😂

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-07-2015),Skyler  (26-07-2015),snowqu33n  (21-07-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I don't have comfy clothes. But my clothes are pretty casual most of the time. It annoys me when dh just gets changed for the sake of it. Like from jeans to trackies. Making more washing. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I thought everyone had out clothes and, as we call them, comfy clothes?! I'm about to ditch my skirt, stockings and boots for trackies and uggs. I actually start to get crapped off if I can't get changed, I feel like my clothes are suffocating me ������
    Me, too. I can't stand wearing my "out" clothes at home. It's trackies and a loose t-shirt all the way.

I also go sans bra because...as they say...home is where the bra comes off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I have never gotten changed just because I got home. I would hate to add extra washing and usually I have to go out again anyway. I only get changed after dinner to my pjs or if I know I'm not going anywhere and no one is coming over I might change to comfy pants.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    I have never gotten changed just because I got home. I would hate to add extra washing and usually I have to go out again anyway. I only get changed after dinner to my pjs or if I know I'm not going anywhere and no one is coming over I might change to comfy pants.
    See it doesn't produce extra washing though if you wear the same clothes for several days
    Which I know sounds bad, but if it's fine to wear the same outfit for the whole of one day, then it should be fine to wear the same thing for two half-days, right? Or for only 2 hours/day, 5 days in a row?
    Perhaps this is my embarrassing confession right here… Though I'm not embarrassed at all. (Underwear is of course exempt from this practice!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (24-07-2015)