+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I am actually surprised by the amount of people who shower every single day without fail, and even more surprised by the amount who shower 2-3 times a day. I certainly feel no shame at only showering when I feel the need to. I must admit this thread has me thinking about personal hygeine a bit more (not a bad thing) so the past few days I've made sure to shower every night before bed, but then if I've also had a shower the next morning I've felt terribly guilty for wasting water and indulging myself! I know that sounds really silly, but for me, I seriously feel like twice a day in the shower is wasting way too much time and water on myself! Weird I know. I guess we're all just wired differently.
    I totally get this and it's how I think also.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    No one has mentioned cleaning their underarms or crotch in lieu of a shower.....

I would also have a guess that people who don't shower everyday because they're "not dirty" are probably also re-wearing the some of the same clothes because they're not dirty either.
    Doesn't mean they don't do it.

I wear jeans 2-3 days in a row (usually because I am only dressed for a few hours, as I spend the rest of the time in my pjs- they get changed daily). But I change my undies and wear a liner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Doesn't mean they don't do it.

I wear jeans 2-3 days in a row (usually because I am only dressed for a few hours, as I spend the rest of the time in my pjs- they get changed daily). But I change my undies and wear a liner.
    Only 2-3 days? The longer I wear them, the skinnier I feel. Nothing more emotionally crippling than putting on freshly washed skinny jeans after a weekend of indulging 😭

I've never understood the bird bath thing. I've only done it when I've not been able to shower. It takes less than a minute to have a quick soap up and rinse. When did showers become a tedious and complicated task?! (Aside from the ones where I exfoliate, wash hair, condition hair, shave..... soooo tedious).

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (21-07-2015),DT75  (20-07-2015),heplusme  (20-07-2015),Lincolns mummy  (20-07-2015),Phony  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Only 2-3 days? The longer I wear them, the skinnier I feel. Nothing more emotionally crippling than putting on freshly washed skinny jeans after a weekend of indulging ������

I've never understood the bird bath thing. I've only done it when I've not been able to shower. It takes less than a minute to have a quick soap up and rinse. When did showers become a tedious and complicated task?! (Aside from the ones where I exfoliate, wash hair, condition hair, shave..... soooo tedious).
    Haha, I have so many jeans that if I wore them for longer I would feel the need to cull the amount I have.

They are tedious in this house as H always pushes in first and uses up all the hot water. So one cold shower every other day is enough for me, and top to toe wash via cloth on the other days.

Having said that, at the moment, because it is so cold I have been using the "but I'm pregnant" excuse to get in first, and daily!

He is always surprised that there is water left for him- that would be because I have a 15 minute shower and not a 45 minute one!

Also I shave every second day, so yes, tedious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am actually surprised by the amount of people who shower every single day without fail, and even more surprised by the amount who shower 2-3 times a day. I certainly feel no shame at only showering when I feel the need to. I must admit this thread has me thinking about personal hygeine a bit more (not a bad thing) so the past few days I've made sure to shower every night before bed, but then if I've also had a shower the next morning I've felt terribly guilty for wasting water and indulging myself! I know that sounds really silly, but for me, I seriously feel like twice a day in the shower is wasting way too much time and water on myself! Weird I know. I guess we're all just wired differently.
    I'm the opposite - I'm surprised at how many people don't shower daily. It's always been the norm in my family to shower/bathe once a day, twice if you've spent the day doing dirty work so you don't hop into bed and drag the days dirt in with you. Right from a baby (we never missed baths as kids). DH grew up the same.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (20-07-2015),Skyler  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I'm the opposite - I'm surprised at how many people don't shower daily. It's always been the norm in my family to shower/bathe once a day, twice if you've spent the day doing dirty work so you don't hop into bed and drag the days dirt in with you. Right from a baby (we never missed baths as kids). DH grew up the same.
    I totally get that, which is why we always bath/shower at night before bed (unless we've literally done nothing all day where we may not bother). But I don't see why you then need to shower again in the morning? You just got clean and went to bed? Did you get dirty in your sleep? Look I'm not saying people shouldn't shower morning and night, but I can't see why it's an issue not to. I see no point in wasting my time and water on a shower in the morning when I just got clean before I went to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Same. DH had 2 showers yesterday, once in the morning after getting back from a run, once again early afternoon after chopping firewood because I said he smelled. I showered twice, once in the morning and once last night because I felt like one. Then I had one this morning. My regular showers are seriously about a minute long. I get in, soap up, rinse off, get out. If I have to do my hair it takes about 10 minutes because I use shampoo and conditioner that need to stay in to treat my scalp issues. I use that waiting time to shave. The kids have probably missed a bath/shower 2 or 3 times since they were newborns. It's just how we roll.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default who doesnt shower every day? what are your embarrassing confessions

[QUOTE=CazHazKidz;8242338]I totally get that, which is why we always bath/shower at night before bed (unless we've literally done nothing all day where we may not bother). But I don't see why you then need to shower again in the morning? You just got clean and went to bed? Did you get dirty in your sleep? Look I'm not saying people shouldn't shower morning and night, but I can't see why it's an issue not to. I see no point in wasting my time and water on a shower in the morning when I just got clean before I went to bed.[/]

Yeah I get that too. If I know I've got a week of really dirty work (not uncommon) I'll shower at night and get up and go in the morning (because I'm just going to get dirty in an hour anyway). But I generally like showering in the morning, so at some point ill need a day of 2 showers to get back to my morning routine! 2 showers a day is not an everyday thing in our house, but we all have at least 1 shower every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally get that, which is why we always bath/shower at night before bed (unless we've literally done nothing all day where we may not bother). But I don't see why you then need to shower again in the morning? You just got clean and went to bed? Did you get dirty in your sleep? Look I'm not saying people shouldn't shower morning and night, but I can't see why it's an issue not to. I see no point in wasting my time and water on a shower in the morning when I just got clean before I went to bed.
    Cause in bed you sweat, so i always feel like i need a freshen up before i get ready for the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shower twice a day. It helps me wake up in the morning and I wash my hair and I like the feeling of having a hot shower (or cool shower in summer) before I go to bed.

DP showers twice a day as well. If he came home from work and went straight to be I would get out! He is a doctor and I have no idea what gross stuff he has all over him. The times he has had marks on his scrubs and I ask what is that I have just about spewed.

The kids shower once a day before dinner. My older DD is starting to want to have a shower in the morning as well.