+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Twice here. In the evening to remove any grime from the day before climbing into bed and in the morning to freshen / wake up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to go every second day years a go to once a day and at the moment I'm at twice a day to try and stay warm. It's only if I have been at home all day that I sometimes skip one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I shower every day, without fail. All this talk I heard of not having time to shower with a newborn - pffft! I never went without one, not one day. Even if it was only 3 minutes while he had a catnap at 3pm, I still showered. !
    This is me as well, I used to off load the kid/s to DH and go shower. Bliss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to shower today but its so cold here our pipes have frozen. No water whatsoever! Looks like its a pj day (or at least until we have water again).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby works with metal (he's a boiler maker who does a lot of welding etc) even when he showers (every day, sometimes twice), the black stuff seems to come out of his pores and all over sheets and couches etc. I can't imagine what it would be like if he didn't shower!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    My hubby works with metal (he's a boiler maker who does a lot of welding etc) even when he showers (every day, sometimes twice), the black stuff seems to come out of his pores and all over sheets and couches etc. I can't imagine what it would be like if he didn't shower!!!
    DH could wash his hair twice and it still be dirty. He washed it before I cut it and straight after and the dirt that came out was unbelievable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I think anyone who reckons they don't smell without showering has no idea of their smell.

You just have take a long haul flight to realize that despite sitting still in aircon for 12-24 hours, you still smell at the end!!

I agree - definitely basic personal hygiene. Only exceptions if camping and no access or too physically ill or injured to have a shower.
    But surely people who don't shower every day still get washed, underarms, crotch, clean clothes and undies?
    If not, then yes they'd smell a bit but I can't see how if that is taken care of?

And I don't think you can include long distance traveling to make a point.
    Most traveling makes me feel dirty, be it a couple of hours or 24hrs. I just feel grubby afterwards.
    I think most people would feel the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    But surely people who don't shower every day still get washed, underarms, crotch, clean clothes and undies?
    If not, then yes they'd smell a bit but I can't see how if that is taken care of?
    If thats the case then why wouldnt you just shower...pommie baths are definitely not as effective!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Seems like a bit of every second day shaming is creeping it's way in here. This is why people can't be honest on BH, there is always someone who going to make them feel bad about being open.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2015),munchkin275  (20-07-2015),Phony  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Yep wash cloth in warm soapy water.

Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    If thats the case then why wouldnt you just shower...pommie baths are definitely not as effective!
    If done properly, they are. A friend of mine showers daily, but clearly doesn't wash properly as she smells (we have discussed it, she doesn't care).

Sometimes there isn't enough time or hot water to "just shower".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am actually surprised by the amount of people who shower every single day without fail, and even more surprised by the amount who shower 2-3 times a day. I certainly feel no shame at only showering when I feel the need to. I must admit this thread has me thinking about personal hygeine a bit more (not a bad thing) so the past few days I've made sure to shower every night before bed, but then if I've also had a shower the next morning I've felt terribly guilty for wasting water and indulging myself! I know that sounds really silly, but for me, I seriously feel like twice a day in the shower is wasting way too much time and water on myself! Weird I know. I guess we're all just wired differently.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

DT75  (20-07-2015),FrothyFrog  (20-07-2015),Phony  (20-07-2015)