+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight Gain.

Hi everyone, sorry for all the posts, hope I'm not getting annoying ! Haha

I have a big problem with my weight, while I see so many people losing weight I'm the complete opposite! I need to gain it, and desperately. I'm 5"2, 20 years old and only weigh 39kg! For as long as I can remember I just haven't been able to gain weight. I'm a size 4-6 in women's clothing and crave to be a healthy size 8-10! I look overly thin, I've been asked if I'm anorexic 😫
    I've had blood tests done to check everything and the only thing that's been found is an iron deficiency, which means I'm now on iron tablets everyday. I do breastfeed my 11 month old DS as we'll.
    does anyone have any tips for me ? Please and thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I'm 39 and only in the past year have I just reached a normal weight - I have been underweight my whole life. I have a lot of health issues which I think prohibited me from putting on weight but I have been on medication for the past year which is notorious for gaining extra kg's but that aside I recommend the following:

- Protein shakes (musashi body bulk or anything that is high in protein). Even protein bars are could if easier to manage while breastfeeding.
    - Don't just stick to 3 main meals a day of breakfast lunch and dinner - have at least 6 smaller meals a day.
    - Carbs are your friend - try to incorporate pasta, rice and potatoes into your dinner.
    - Snack on dips and crackers, nuts are great if you don't have allergies.
    - Keep a balanced diet - everyone tells me to go to McD's but that's not the answer, good food but more of it in smaller portions so as to slowly increase your intake capacity.

That's about all I can think of for now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the late reply, I passed out last night haha I've tried talking to my dr, but he can be pretty ignorant at times and just says if I've always been thin then it dosnt matter. I'll definatly be working towards my goals of working out and quittingn smoking! Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanajo View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I passed out last night haha I've tried talking to my dr, but he can be pretty ignorant at times and just says if I've always been thin then it dosnt matter. I'll definatly be working towards my goals of working out and quittingn smoking! Thank you

Can you change doctor??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi op, not sure if you are aware that one of the symptoms of iron deficiency is a loss of appetite so being iron deficient you are kind of prone to low weight. Once you get your iron levels sorted you might be hungrier.

I'd suggest adding things like nuts and avocado to your meals to add healthy fats, tahini which is ground up sesame seeds, has a lot of iron, you can spread it on toast or make your own hummus and add it to the hummus. Very good for you.

Also vitamin c helps you absorb iron so try to make sure you are getting orange and green fruits and veggies to help your body absorb those iron supplements.

I hope you find a health professional who is more supportive, you deserve to be healthy and happy.