+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep completely separate so them beong hoarders shouldn't bother me. Except whenever I would want to get rid of something mil would want ti keep it even though she has no use of it. It happems now a lot so I watch whay I sat around her to avoid it lol when I can sell or donate it to someone who has a real need for it thus helping the environment too. . I guess now if I want kids to spend time with them I have to go there too and spend an afternoon. One day a week doesnt bother me and usually I see them once or twice a week but I feel uneasy or selfish or like I m using them (even though mil offers and offers) making them watch my kids and me doing something else plus I love spending time with my kids and taking them places..I dont know I guess if we lived there it would be easier for me without me asking for help lol and mil always says she s bored so she would see kids more when we are home etc. But yeah its nice to have my own space and my secret lazy days lol
    Last edited by Sirena89; 14-07-2015 at 22:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What happens if selling the home doesn't work and the debt is not manageable and you are left with nothing? I know it's your DH dream but is it really financial viable? Or are you just trying to make it viable because it's a dream?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The way you've described the situation - yes, I'd move in. I wouldn't consider it a long term solution, but I think short term as a way of becoming more financially secure absolutely I would. You'd have the whole downstairs, with separate entrance, and a willing babysitter upstairs if needed. I think the upsides compensate for the downsides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way, not if the debt was manageable. If you were about to be declared bankrupt then yes you should do it. But not to have nice holidays.

What happens if it doesn't work out? Would you be able to leave? To go where? And they would be stuck with a converted house that wouldn't be useful to them. How would you split power, gas, water bills? Would you be happy paying 50:50 if they were running their section at 30 degrees 24/7?