+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Because he uses up his sick leave fast- DSS is always sick. So H doesn't have any leave left by 6 months into the year.
    He still cant get into trouble. Sickness is sickness.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dd comes to work with me when shes unwell. Always give the boss a choice. I'm happy to set her up a bed under the desk with snacks & an ipad or I can take the day off. Depends on what we have on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    He still cant get into trouble. Sickness is sickness.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    It's not his sickness. And calling an hour before a shift is bad.
    Yes he can get in trouble. He has looked into it, its legal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daycare is only 2 minutes away from my work, so usually it is me who gets the call to pick up DS when he is sick (i.e. fever). i only just returned to work 2 months ago and am pregnant again so will be leaving again late Sept. I have 5 weeks sick leave saved and if i have to take it so be it. however, that being said, my OH sometimes takes carers leave and we share if it gets too much. i do advise work straight away about my back up plan if OH is not out of town. but we dont have family where we live so its just me and OH.

as for the mummy guilt, it will never stop. i have to work full time right now to help pay the bills and mortgage. it is what it is, i cant change it, i wish it was different and it hurts to not be able to stay home and look after DS, but at the end of the day when i do spend time with DS it is always quality time and i find i appreciate our family time much more. im not sure what i will do after my next mat leave, whether i will return part time or full time, it will be depending on a few factors. and i seek consolation in the fact that DS is happy at day care, he has friends, he likes the teachers, he learns a whole lot more and has access to do so much more in terms of activities than i can offer at home as i dont have all their equipent.
    but yeh i hear ya, id rather look after my kids, and it doesnt help when my friends keep reminding me and add on to the guilt when they are SAHMs or work part time.

i just do what i have to do, and if its your entitlement to take carers leave, then do it, you are within your work rights.