+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH & I alternate days except if one of us has an unavoidable commitment at work then we'll swap. Luckily we both work for big companies with family friendly initiatives. It is easier for me though, even though i'm a step above DHs role as I have a manager who has adult kids so understands. That and it helps to know that the team I lead won't fall apart if I am not there for a day or two.
    I feel bad, but DD comes first & that is what sick/carers leave is for.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm lucky that I have a very understanding workplace - they are all mothers themselves and every single one prioritises the well being of their children.

It's usually me that takes the day off, although very occasionally FOB will come up if we disagree on whether DS should be kept home. For example if he has a cough at night but I know he is fine during the day, then I will go to work, but FOB would keep him home.

I have carers leave days (12? a year a think), sick days and LSL I can draw on if necessary.

When DS started at cc I felt he was sick more often than he was well. Since July last year, fwiw, he's only missed four days due to illness and that was three weeks ago. It's tough, I know but it gets better.

As for the guilt, well, that's a constant for me so I can't help you much there! Just make the best decision you can as each situation arises I guess.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH and I use to alternate who would take the day off to look after DS1. We both have very family friendly jobs with big government departments, so lots of carers leave available to us. It is a challenge and it does make you feel guilty.

Conjunctivitis is going around - my sister, niece have had it and my 2 other girlfriends and their children have also had it.

Fingers crossed your DS is feeling better soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Child care and sickness.....

Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    DH and I use to alternate who would take the day off to look after DS1. We both have very family friendly jobs with big government departments, so lots of carers leave available to us. It is a challenge and it does make you feel guilty.

Conjunctivitis is going around - my sister, niece have had it and my 2 other girlfriends and their children have also had it.

Fingers crossed your DS is feeling better soon.
    Thank you. This is the best I can clear his eyes....

Poor thing can still smile through it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    We generally do alternate days unless I have something that I have to be at work for. On other days when it isn't 'my turn' I've just felt like spending the day with him so I've stayed home.

I'm lucky that my work is very understanding and if there is anything that needs doing I can do it from home. Unfortunately DS doesn't generally give me enough time to do a full or even half day's work but it's better than nothing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take him to the GP if you haven't already his eyes are VERY red. The poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I would take him to the GP if you haven't already his eyes are VERY red. The poor thing.
    I agree totally with this advice. My sisters eyes did the same thing. She went back and had a reaction to the ointment she was given, when she should had something else. Poor little boy. Hugs to you both xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    The poor thing conjunctivitis is annoying. My dh is also high up so cant take time off easily. Depending on the illness i ask my mum to help otherwise I try to work from home when he sleeps.
    I keep saying to myself the first year of daycare is tbe hardest as they will always be sick..
    when I was at my last job and unable to work from home i would just have to stay home but they were all understanding as they had been there done that lol as for the guilt for me it never goes away. Im either guilty im not there for my kids or guilty um letting people at work down by not being there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm booked in for 2:30. Right when both kids should be napping! At least he will be seen to.

We have been giving him Chlorsig. Perhaps we shouldn't have :s