+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2nd pregnancy and over it

Hi all

Im only 6 weeks pregnant but im already feeling dread at the thought of having another child.

Before i got pregnant again i was very much looking forward to being pregnant.

Now i have had all day nausea for two weeks straight and im betting for many more weeks.

Im working 4 days a week and running after my 2 year old.

I just dont feel like i want to go through it all again.

I think of the sleepless nights and breastfeeding and i feel exhausted.

Did anyone else go from really really wanting a baby to being all oh no. Have i made a mistake?

Im a person who gets on with life and i know the new baby will just become a part of our lives once here. But i feel very tired and a bit panicky about it.

Please share your experiences please. I think it would help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like you need to have a talk with your gp or someone about this. Possibly your hormones are messing around with you as this was a wanted baby and to change your mind and be anxious does sound feasible but I'd hate you to get to the point where you felt worse or guilty because of your feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt like this for preg #2 and # 3

For me, each preg has been harder than the last. #2 my morning sickness was much worse. I had to lie on the bathroom floor for most of the day trying to amuse my 12 month old feeling like I had the worst hangover everyday. I was also terrified of giving birth again, disrupting my first child's life, wondering what I'd got myself into etc

#3 I think I probably had depression looking back. I was very moody, withdrawn and again very scared although I had no sickness. I found my 2 and 3 year old exhausting to look after and I was pretty irritable. Again, wondered if I was doing the right thing.

But now I have my 3 and things are good and the good days definitely outshine the small amount of bad and I'm glad I got through it. I would say what you're feeling would be fairly normal.

Having said that I wish I hadve spoken to somebody during preg #3. Even if it hadn't of helped I should've probably tried.

Good luck and congratulations.
    Last edited by yadot; 14-07-2015 at 07:11.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies.

I think the nausea and fatigue im feeling is having a huge impact on how i feel about the future.

Im so hoping the sickness goes really soon and this dread lifts.

Others experiences really help to look forward to things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, this is me.

Currently pregnant with number 2 and have been bed ridden for most of the time so far. Extreme nausea, vomiting, so tired I could hibernate until the end of time. I am so sick and miserable even still into the 2nd trimester and its emotionally draining and definitely stealing any baby joy from me. I just want to feel human again and be able to leave the house for longer than 30 minutes without fear of being sick everywhere.

Then I think gosh after all of this pregnancy sickness there will be birth and breastfeeding pain and sleep deprivation 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this is me now (pregnant with no. 3). It doesn't help that it has been a miserable pregnancy with horrible sickness and fatigue. It is improving somewhat now I am nearing the third trimester, but it has been hard.