+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unsure of my symptoms

Hi ladies, I would love your wisdom on this..

Have been enjoying unprotected BDing since my last AF - not really TTC but not preventing either. I thought I was nowhere near fertile yet due to last few cycles being long (48-50 days) and assumed I'd be ovulating from tomorrow onwards if my last couple of cycles are anything to go by.

Rather than the usual O symptoms I've got a headache, metallic taste in my mouth, slight cramping and feeling nauseous and exhausted. This has all started this afternoon around lunchtime.

I just took a ovulation test and got a circle (no smiley).

I could be getting a more normal AF (today is CD31) or could I be experiencing early symptoms of pregnancy? I've read that ovulation tests will show positive if you're pregnant? So I'm kinda guessing these are AF symptoms - which would be good because it would mean my cycles are getting closer to normal.

Any advice or similar experiences would be welcomed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ovulation test this afternoon revealed a smiley face

CD34 so it looks like the long cycles continue!

Anybody else here experience cycles this long? It's only my third since stopping the pill so I'm still learning how my body works.

Will enjoy the evening with DH and see what happens 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I totally get where you're at @Lavender86 though I'm a little behind you. I'm CD51 since coming off the pill so I have very little idea how this cycle is going. I feel like I'm just either waiting for AF or really really obvious pregnancy symptoms as otherwise I'd be testing every week until AF shows (I don't like the disappointment).
    It's a tough wait while our bodies re-adjust to not being on the pill.

I'm starting to wonder at what point should I see my GP, or perhaps consider something like acupuncture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply @JustJess86

It comforting to know I'm not alone in feeling so confused! This is my third long cycle now so I think I'll go to my GP once I have AF to discuss what's going on. Definitely not something I'm looking forward to but I'm over the long cycles and never knowing what to expect.

I hope you get a BFP or AF very soon! For me either one is exciting because I know my body is working - how crazy is that!

Keep me updated on how you go - happy to chat anytime

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going @Lavender86?

I am sorry I have been slow to reply because I had nothing to report until finally today AF arriving (day 65 after going off pill in May). Ha ha I know what you mean about being relieved, it's good to have a sign that your body is doing the right thing. I am so grateful AF has finally arrived. Hopefully next cycle will be more regular (or BFP!).

Hope you've been going well and cycles are becoming more regular (or BFP)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @JustJess86! That's great news. I just got my AF today too! Last cycle was shorter which is awesome and I definitely ovulated (was testing using OPKs) so I'm stoked things are getting more 'normal.' We didn't BD when I was fertile this month due to a million different reasons but now I'm ready for this cycle - I just wish it wasn't so long so I could be in the game sooner. 30 days till the fertile window! Fingers crossed for BFPs for both of us