+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks I hope so. My friend works there but she is out the back taking calls, sadly. Life would be a lot easier if I could just walk into a meeting with her!
    I feel like a knob whenever I have to go in there. Like a huge failure a life. I don't have a job which gives me anxiety. My plan was to go back to work a year ago so I would have to deal with centrelink all the time and rely on them for money. (trying to find work but it's hard when no schools are advertising)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    He is getting the payment but he is still coming up as a non-school child. I think I'm a little old fashioned. I have a total of 2 apps on my phone and neither are BH
    I'm the reverse. My kids are shown as enrolled in school but no money for me, even though our income was under 100k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Thanks I hope so. My friend works there but she is out the back taking calls, sadly. Life would be a lot easier if I could just walk into a meeting with her!
    I feel like a knob whenever I have to go in there. Like a huge failure a life. I don't have a job which gives me anxiety. My plan was to go back to work a year ago so I would have to deal with centrelink all the time and rely on them for money. (trying to find work but it's hard when no schools are advertising)
    Me too!!! We planned for me to go back last year as well and a super job came up and all that I would have (yes, humility aside for a moment) got over the person who did. Only problem was that I miscarried that many times that I happened to be popping out a baby last year instead whom I love dearly and cherish.

I'm the reverse. My kids are shown as enrolled in school but no money for me, even though our income was under 100k.
    Oh. Let's hope they don't pull out the old "We don't back-pay" line. Our new estimate is under the $100k still. But, am I correct in thinking now that the payments cut out at $100k that once you get one day permanent work, then you will be losing out and really need to be getting at least 2 days now? Whereas before, one used to be able to work 1 day and not earn too much, but 2 days was bad as it cut out the payment due to the single wage being too much.

Believe me, I'm also looking forward to not having to deal with centrelink anymore too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I called after we didn't get the payment at the beginning of the year. The guy I spoke to said that I missed out then because I didn't update our estimate to under 100k until 3 days after the cut off date. (They don't advertise that there even is a cutoff either- were just supposed to know by osmosis or down thing!) so I asked if I missed out completely and he said no I wouldn't- it would be back paid with the next instalment

But- I don't think he added any notes to my file or ticked a box on the system or anything so now I'm freaking out.
    This $800 is huge to me because I actually under-estimated our income by about $2k (df was put in different roles and it was SUPER hard to estimate what his yearly final figure would be. I failed. Lol!) so now no doubt I will have to pay quite a bit back. I just don't want to miss any cent I'm entitled to, because things are so tight already.

The stress and drama!

(Sucks that teaching jobs are so hard to come by, right?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I called after we didn't get the payment at the beginning of the year. The guy I spoke to said that I missed out then because I didn't update our estimate to under 100k until 3 days after the cut off date. (They don't advertise that there even is a cutoff either- were just supposed to know by osmosis or down thing!) so I asked if I missed out completely and he said no I wouldn't- it would be back paid with the next instalment

But- I don't think he added any notes to my file or ticked a box on the system or anything so now I'm freaking out.
    This $800 is huge to me because I actually under-estimated our income by about $2k (df was put in different roles and it was SUPER hard to estimate what his yearly final figure would be. I failed. Lol!) so now no doubt I will have to pay quite a bit back. I just don't want to miss any cent I'm entitled to, because things are so tight already.

The stress and drama!

I wonder if you're better off getting in there first thing in the morning after the boys are at school. If only you could pick a quiet time.

According to my FIL, the reason why I don't have a job is that I'm not available 5 days a week and as soon as I am I'll get one. I'm just a little stuck as to who will pay the childcare bill in the meantime. My SIL had a job given to her with no experience and so he thinks that it is that easy for everyone. I haven't heard of any jobs coming up for next year yet. Come on you young girls - go have a baby or something!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Haha omg I'm saying the same thing to the partnered up girls at my boys school! Problem then is they would likely be replaced with a grad. I'm level 2. I wish it were easy to get a job, I really do!

I will definitely go after school drop off. Hopefully my boys won't care if I miss reading in the morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha omg I'm saying the same thing to the partnered up girls at my boys school! Problem then is they would likely be replaced with a grad. I'm level 2. I wish it were easy to get a job, I really do!

I will definitely go after school drop off. Hopefully my boys won't care if I miss reading in the morning!
    One of my friends went for a job (in a similar position to us) and they put on a grad instead. After all, they are cheaper. It feels as though everyone thinks you've 'lost it' after having kids. Talk about de-valued. I'd never had difficulty getting a job before now. lots of jobs come up for next year and they have to hire us oldies as well as the young-uns.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

The stress and drama!

Don't get me started about CL . I can't count the times they have messed up my payments. What annoys me is when you owe them they are on you like a fly on sh*t. When it's their mess up? Meh they'll get around to fixing it Don't stress. I don't get FTB until Wed and my SKB only showed today.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to sort of hijack but are the payments meant for each child in primary school? I have three in primary school but seems I've only been paid for two. One of them is in prep. I'll call centrelink tomorrow but saw this thread and thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I'm just concerned that they may have not done the correct calculation then for his oosh.

AAAHHHHH - was just writing that last bit and the phone hung up on me! Got to 1 hour 58 minutes. I was thinking that the battery would run out first, but no, it hung up instead. I only get the engage signal now. Will have to leave it until I have more time to waste I guess.
    I had to ring today, had a hang up on friday after an hour and only the engaged signal today, so I just called complaints. Had a 15 minute wait, got to have a little whinge then she sorted both my issues out with out transferring! I think I might call them from now on!