+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you..

I definitely don't let him scream his head off. If I know he's tired I do put him down in his cot and if he wakes after only half an hour I wait to see if he puts himself back to sleep. I leave him for no more than 10 minutes before going in ( during naps, it's longer with night time) but should I leave him a bit longer as long as he isn't beside himself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say I did CC with Dd. Though I will say she screamed herself to sleep regardless as to wether she was being held, rocked or patted. Nothing worked. I eventually started leaving in her cot to save my sanity (which was pretty non existant & yes after exhausting visits to medical professionals)

She quickly 'learnt' to go to sleep in her cot & was later diagnosed with ASD with numerous sensory issues which would have explained everything if we only knew at the time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrakeRamoray View Post
    Thank you..

I definitely don't let him scream his head off. If I know he's tired I do put him down in his cot and if he wakes after only half an hour I wait to see if he puts himself back to sleep. I leave him for no more than 10 minutes before going in ( during naps, it's longer with night time) but should I leave him a bit longer as long as he isn't beside himself?
    Hi,
    I have used cc with both boys. Although I started a little younger (about 8months). When it comes to nap times if mine woke and was still tired I would go up give him his pacifier and teddy, stroke his face and say goodnight. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. You just need to listen to the cry, if he is just making noise you can leave him for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrakeRamoray View Post

What I want to know is, should it matter if he sleeps in his cot half his nap time and then the other half on the couch/with me..? Or should I keep trying to let him sleep longer in his cot?

How long should he cry for if he wakes after only 30 minutes especially if he's just grizzling ( not full on screaming)?

Thanks
    I don't use CIO or CC but I do use SOS to help teach my bubs to self settle so maybe my thoughts could help you....

Yes I do think it matters if you do half his sleep in his cot and then wakes and comes to the couch. I think that would be very confusing and he may start to wake at night and cry out expecting you to come get him to sleep on the couch. So I think you need to decide what you want and then make it clear and easy for bub. Are you happy with his day sleep being on the couch? If you are then you could keep it like that. I think it's easier for bub to understand that all day sleeps are with mum but night time is in my cot then sometimes I cry and she comes to get me and sometimes I cry but have to stay in my cot.
    If you want day sleeps to be in the cot then I think you have to treat it the same as night time wakings. So do the same as you would if he woke after a few hours of sleep at night time.

As for how long to let him cry? Sorry I can't answer that. It depends what you are comfortable with. I tend to go by listening to the type of cry. Is bub crying because he needs something or is he crying because he is calling you because he doesn't want to sleep anymore? Only you know.

Good luck. X