+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We moved to a toddler bed at 18 months. She could have stayed in the Cot but we need it for new baby coming in a few months and wanted her to be settled so there wasn't too much change at once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can remember exactly when we converted the cot into a toddler bed. Must have been close to 2 years. Never had any trouble - but then DS1 was not the kind to try climb out of his cot. Even once in the toddler bed he would wait for us to come and get him up. I consider us very lucky.

Big boy bed was around 3.5.

I think he's only fallen out of bed twice in that time. We have soft carpet though so no big drama, just a bit of a fright for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I can remember exactly when we converted the cot into a toddler bed. Must have been close to 2 years. Never had any trouble - but then DS1 was not the kind to try climb out of his cot. Even once in the toddler bed he would wait for us to come and get him up. I consider us very lucky.

Big boy bed was around 3.5.

I think he's only fallen out of bed twice in that time. We have soft carpet though so no big drama, just a bit of a fright for him.
    That's exactly what possum is like. When she wakes up in the morning she cries or calls for me but doesn't get out of bed until I open the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    That's exactly what possum is like. When she wakes up in the morning she cries or calls for me but doesn't get out of bed until I open the door.
    Same here! Dd1 is now 3 in January and still doesn't get out of bed until I come in and get her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I think it's just good luck in my case after suffering for a good 6 months with bad silent reflux and a fussy eater lol. I used to rock her to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I think it's just good luck in my case after suffering for a good 6 months with bad silent reflux and a fussy eater lol. I used to rock her to sleep.
    Perhaps twins in another life lol. Dd1 was dreadful for first 6 months. Didn't sleep, cried for hours, was medicated for silent reflux. Underweight and the worst eater ever (still is). But she's now a great sleeper and the most gorgeous girl ever! More than makes up for it

Sorry for going off topic....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 was 17mths. Best thing ever.
    Dd2 was 2.5yo. Too late for her and transition was awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Perhaps twins in another life lol. Dd1 was dreadful for first 6 months. Didn't sleep, cried for hours, was medicated for silent reflux. Underweight and the worst eater ever (still is). But she's now a great sleeper and the most gorgeous girl ever! More than makes up for it

Sorry for going off topic....
    Yes I'm feeling very grateful considering I'm preparing to go through a hellish newborn phase again lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr was somewhere around 18mths when we converted the cot. We then moved her to a bed at 21mths after being given one off my cousin. Plus we were planning another so I wanted her well out of the cot. Had no dramas moving her, continued to sleep with no issue. It was only around 3 that she would start getting out when she woke in the morning but that was fine as she's not an early riser.

Ds is 18mths and no plans to convert the cot yet. Will see out winter due to having heaters then think about it come spring