What age did you put bub into a bed? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 3 older daughters all went into a toddler bed just after their first birthday. We put it up in the room next to the cot so they all had an option. For us, that worked really well and we never had any unsettled nights nor did they want back in the cot. We decided to do it earlier as I was always told the earlier you do it, the easier the transition. Around the age of 2 they went into a normal bed.
    DD4 had a few medical issues so we decided to leave her in her cot longer but around 14 months (we were in temp accommodation waiting on our house) she refused to sleep in the portacot so went straight into a single bed without a problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS went into a bed at 18 months and DD went last week at almost 2.
    It was a smooth transition for both children.
    They are both in queen bed with no rails. I do have a pool noodle under DDs fitted sheet to stop her falling out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this just over a month ago, dd was 2y4m.

I took her to target and let her pick out some sheets, cushion and quilt cover which helped her become very excited. Talking about a big girl bed like mummy and daddy's.

Even though she was in a sleeping bag it was surprisingly easy to transition the first nap time was rough but I stuck to my guns and said no, nap time, and after that it's been a dream- hasn't fallen out (it's cold and I tuck her in tight) and hadn't tried to get out of the bed herself yet

Good luck, it was stressing me out and it was all easy peasy in the end

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    with DS1 it was 13 months (as needed cot for DS2)and DS2 was 11 months but he is a horrendous climber and nothing can stop him he even climbs over baby gates. it wasn't too hard just tell them back to bed if they get up and walk them back and make them climb back in. our rule in our house is if you don't want to go to sleep just yet thats fine but you must have quiet play or reading time in your own room.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BeauOliver For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I transition my kids later and thats worked for us.
    DD1 was 2yrs 10mths and helped me assemble her big bed and never got out once during the night - absolute dream.

DD2 we tried to transition at 2 as we were expecting DS but was a complete disaster so she was back in the cot for another 7mths before we tried again. 2nd transition was better but still nowhere near as smooth as Dd1's was.

DS is currently 2yrs 4mths and he'll stay in his cot till the end of the year at this stage. We'll transition him in summer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    16m and 19m. First went to mattress on the floor while her bed was on order. I held off a longer on DD2 as I had a holiday planned and wanted to use the portacot. Both transitioned no issues. Took them several months before they worked out they could hop out. I love being able to lie with them when they wake up.

I agree with a previous poster, the earlier you make changes the easier it is. We just dropped the dummy too at 19m and it went AMAZING!! So glad I did it now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

monnie24  (22-08-2015),Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope my ds has a smooth transition like most of you have had with your kids! ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter is 2 years and 5 months and is still in her cot. I'm totally ready for her to go into her big bed because that means I can redecorate her room haha. But she's no where near climbing out yet so hopefully she'll be in the cot for a while longer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Both were about 15 months. DSD took to it right away.
    DSS...well now at 7 he still asks to come into our bed. We haven't allowed it since he was 3 though.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD moved into a bed around 2.5 years of age. It went smoothly and she started sleeping through consistently for the first time ever!

DS is 2 years 8months and moved into a bed a couple of months ago. He is now sharing with DD. It has gone fairly smoothly but he has been a bit disrupted as he has been back and forth to a mattress in our room when one or both kids are sick (I hate winter!). Generally he sleeps well there though.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (13-07-2015)